1/32 Tiger Moth from Special Hobby?

R Palimaka

18 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Let’s hope Tamiya are busy with their F6F as we speak...

It's what I've always hoped for. Just the thought of it has to this point, kept me from starting my Trumpagawa F6F.

1 hour ago, wunwinglow said:

Your membership card of the Wiltshire Scale Modellers is hanging by a thread!!!

Sorry Tim, it’s probably American and outside my ken! I’ll do some swatting up to resit my club entrance exam! 

Ah, I see it’s a Hellcat, why not say so instead of some obtuse alpha numeric mumbo jumbo. :coolio:

Edited by mozart

29 minutes ago, mozart said:

Sorry Tim, it’s probably American and outside my ken! I’ll do some swatting up to resit my club entrance exam! 

Ah, I see it’s a Hellcat, why not say so instead of some obtuse alpha numeric mumbo jumbo. :coolio:

I sound smarter when I say F6F and not Hellcat!  :lol: Nothing of the sort in reality but hey ho

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2020 at 8:39 PM, RLWP said:

It's 3951 in hexadecimal

True, and once upon a time I could have worked that out in my head without thinking about it (being an old IT hack many years ago).  Sadly not any more, as MrsC has been known to say "Your head's too full of aeroplanes."  :lol:  :piliot:

On 10 July 2020 at 7:19 PM, mozart said:

It's all part of the bizarre ancient US Navy designations ritual, which is why normal people in the Navy called them Hellcats too. 

So pleased to see an IM styrene Tiger Moth on the way. If the manufacturers continue this trend, a Chipmunk and Jet Provost 3/4 would be awesome. Still fascinated by the prospect of the DACO Fouga Magister (although possibly a tad over-engineered and fractionally out of reach). 

Tony 

37 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

As long as we're longing for trainers, how about 1/32 T-37 and T-38s?  Hubba hubba!

A T-38 definitely. The T-37 looks like a road kill Jet Provost. Squish. 

Still wondering about Danny's Magister. So want one (but also want a new Parker Duofold big red centennial fountain pen too. I just can't biro or gel pen any more ~ the agony).

Actually funds are converging on an F-100F Hun two-seater — please, peeps, don't shoot it down before I've had a chance to buy it and ignore criticism of the model.

Tony