1/32 Tiger Moth from Special Hobby?

R Palimaka

Apologies if this is old news, I searched the forums to see if I could find any mention of this. 

In the June 2020 Newsletter from Special Hobby, this was buried at the bottom of the update:

In the pipeline, we also have some CMK sets for the Airfix 1/48 DH-82 Tiger Moth, namely the cockpit correction set, very nicely detailed resin cast engine and a few more to move the levels of detail even higher. All of these is based on the data gathered while preparing our forthcoming 1/32 scale Tiger Moth kit. And we are also working really hard on finishing the 1/32 Westland Whirlwind which should get released sometimes this autumn.

• 2 weeks later...

www.facebook.com/specialhobby

We are preparing several sets for the new DH.82 Tiger Moth (1/48 Airfix kit). You can see the first four in the renders. The sets are made specifically for our upcoming 1/32 Tiger Moth and compared to the plastic parts of the Airfix kit they are much more detailed. 

83310468_956156654824695_778356685270910

106623835_956156451491382_38115715810887

106456571_956156468158047_32441762553352

B)

Juraj

53 minutes ago, MikeC said:

I'd assumed ICM would eventually do one, given that they have a Bu 131 and a PT-17 to their credit - but Special Hobby is fine.

Who said ICM will not bring one...? Remember the Stearman... Wait and see! As you wrote, I was rather seeing that plane coming from them. However, if only SH is bringing a new plastic one, this is quite sufficient to me when I'm seeing such appetizers...

2 hours ago, MikeC said:

I'd assumed ICM would eventually do one, given that they have a Bu 131 and a PT-17 to their credit - but Special Hobby is fine.

And I wonder if we'll see some other fine trainers from them as well, like an injection-molded PT-19? Or PT-22? One can hope...

What a time to be alive.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

I look forward to a new injection moulded 32nd Tiger Moth. Now how about a 32nd injection moulded DHC Chipmunk? Lots of pilots in the British, Canadian and Portuguese air forces flew the Chipmunk in order to earn their wings and many still exist with civil registrations. It's simply an attractive little aircraft that was a pleasure to fly.  

6HXvAxQ.jpg

9 hours ago, mozart said:

Amazing isn't it, you wait several decades for one to come along, then suddenly it's Tiger Moth-fest!!  So glad SW brought their's out first though, but I don't doubt I'll also buy a Special Hobby one as well.

Me too! I'll definitely be buying  copy of the SH kit as well.

12 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

And I wonder if we'll see some other fine trainers from them as well, like an injection-molded PT-19? Or PT-22? One can hope...

What a time to be alive.

That would be good too.  What with the Mikro-Mir Magister as well, trainers seem to be the flavour du jour atm.

6 hours ago, Grizly said:

It's simply an attractive little aircraft that was a pleasure to fly.  

Very true.  A Chippy (RAF as well as Canadian, of course) would be good, after I've done a SH Tiger Moth, of course.   (How's that for a gentle nudge back onto topic? :D)

Edited by MikeC