quang

LF: Aeroclub 1/48 D.H.89 Dragon Rapide

Posted (edited)

I'm looking for the Aeroclub 1/48 Dragon Rapide.

98381-DSCF0549.jpg

If you have one unmade and want to part with, please let me know.

Thank you,

Cheers,

Quang

Edited by quang

Hi Quang, 

As your post is solely for 1/48, I've moved it to General Discussion, which is where it belongs. 

All the very best getting the kit. 

Andy 

Posted (edited)

I sold an Aeroclub Rapide several years ago on eBay, it went for a lot of money!  Good luck Quang, but you might also like to consider:

uZ9Umy.jpg

GgyD3I.jpg

Yours if you'd like it.  There's an annoying slight warp in the starboard lower wing which should be easily sorted with some hot water.  As you can see it's a mixture of resin, vacuform and PE.  I started it a few years ago, probably 6 or 7 and then moved up to 1/32 scale, so it's been sitting doing nothing ever since.  It has a pilot in situ and some trainee w/ops or "passengers" if you like.  I understand that the Isracast Rapide was "very similar" to the Aeroclub one!! 

Happy either way old chap, just let me know.

Edited by mozart

Max, dear friend, you’re very generous and I’m deeply move by your offer but I can’t accept because it’s precisely the Aeroclub kit I’m looking for.

I had but all forgotten about it until Kent’s review of his own Rapide reminded me of all the work I did on mine. I thought that having the old kit back would bring me back to the time when I was more er... willing :rolleyes: . Indeed it’s all for sentimental reasons.

So keep your resin Rapide. One day you’ll be glad you didn’t let it go, believe me.

Cheers,

Quang

So true.
I’m currently building the 1/48 Airfix Walrus and can’t help noticing how sleek and modern it looks with only the lower wings on!