David Union Sanders / now optimum handy Routers

Troy Molitor

On 8/7/2020 at 7:39 PM, turbo said:

bits-web.jpg

Question: what is the long steel pin with the fine slot cut in used for?  Thanks! BTW, I'm deliriously happy with my -400 and the 550 Elite- cheers!

On 8/7/2020 at 7:39 PM, turbo said:

On 2/15/2021 at 9:50 AM, chukw said:

Question: what is the long steel pin with the fine slot cut in used for?  Thanks! BTW, I'm deliriously happy with my -400 and the 550 Elite- cheers!

You can feed the end of a bit of sandpaper into the slot and wrap it around the bit to use for sanding. Haven't tried it myself as have the D400.

Sorry for the late reply gents.  We were hammered down with an ice storm followed by a major snow snow storm in the mid south over the past week.  Had some family matters to attend to first.  

Turbo has kindly hit the nail on the heads.  Thank you.  

Hey Chukw.  

I though I sent you a PM last week?  So sorry.  What Turbo has already mentioned.  Exactly.  You can hone an interior of a part with sandpaper wrapped in the slit of that particular bit .  My bad for the delay.    

Troy 

13 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Hey Chukw.  

I though I sent you a PM last week?  So sorry.  What Turbo has already mentioned.  Exactly.  You can hone an interior of a part with sandpaper wrapped in the slit of that particular bit .  My bad for the delay.    

Troy 

No worries, troy- I didn't receive that message, but I have been using both tools with great satisfaction- cheers!

• 1 year later...

Apologies for resurrecting a old thread, but wanted to give a “shoutout” to Troy and Dee. Received my D400 sander today and couldn’t be more pleased. Most of my builds are scratch / conversions and this tool makes the work so much easier. Current project is destruction on a perfectly good 1/32 Tamiya P-51 requiring major recontouring of the cowl and fuselage. It’s been 1 step forward, 2 steps back using old school methods. Within a hour of getting the D400 the cowl is almost finished and the fuselage will soon follow. Only wished I’d had this decades ago. 

Thanks Walt.  

I have most everything in stock for the David Union accessories including the newer head shapes for the D400.  I just haven't listed these items yet.  

When I get back to the States I'll finish adding them to my site.

The newer D550 I also received a test example.  I love it.  The control unit has the new auto torques feature added to the controller.  As soon as this gets approval, I'll also have several on order to have in stock soon after.

Thanks for the shout out Walt!  

Troy 

• 5 months later...

It's been a while since the last post, but I'm just wondering if there's any new equipment out? Is the 550Elite still available or is there a newer model?

Hey Dean,

There are a lot of new ceramic grinding bits for all the latest routers.  The new D365 is a really nice pen type router with the latest auto torque feature.  The latest version of the D550T has the auto torque feature which is also really nice.   I have everything in stock.  I also have the Euro and UK plug adaptors.  I have mailed out all over the planet.  

Kind regards.

Troy

Thanks Troy for the update! I've been on the fence (for a couple years!) about replacing my Dremel with a 550. Now with the new Auto Torque feature, the choice becomes clearer. Now I have to decide whether to get both the new 550 and the D365! Decisions, decisions!!

• 8 months later...

Got my D400 sander from Troy, and was amazed to find that it’s to be powered by a cord. Don’t know where I got the bug it would be cordless…

Made the first sanding sessions on ejector pins filled with black superglue. Results are very satisfying so far. I only wished for a very small sanding head. 
The order process and the communication with Troy went perfectly! Don’t hesitate to buy from this fine chap! I am a happy customer!

Edited by Wurzacher

• 2 weeks later...