1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

barkhorn

Both of my pre-ordered Dr.I's have arrived.  Both have slightly bowed wings, but only one has that little broken bit on the center wing.  Now...  I just need time to build them.  I will certainly do a Voss, but not certain about the other.  I'll definitely stay away from anything with yellow.  I think weathering yellow is a potential nightmare I'm not ready to try yet.

4 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Looks like he left on both sets of stacking pads. Also, while there may well have been some exceptions, most aileron control cables exiting from the fuselage, were dual lines, not single.

Apparently completely oblivious to the warped wings, too. Oh well. What's to be expected of someone that refers to a pilot's seat as a "chair"? :rofl:

D

On 6/18/2020 at 6:13 AM, John1 said:

What???  When did this happen?  How come no one else posted about this?

On 6/18/2020 at 6:40 AM, Rick Griewski said:

Yeehah! 

On 6/18/2020 at 6:13 AM, John1 said:

What???  When did this happen?  How come no one else posted about this?

It was all over this site when it happened I think back in March.

On 9/15/2020 at 4:16 PM, phasephantomphixer said:

Yeah, got too anxious seeing everyone get their's already so just ordered one off Ebay ($55.00 total WA state tax)

meanwhile have two on the same boat from Luckymodel apparently on the way since the backorder days...

Any bets today's China order beats the other two?  :hmmm:

Well those who bet the Ebay China order (placed 09-15-2020) would beat the Luckymodel order (placed 06-28-2020) on arrival...you are a Winnah!

Mine has slight wing warp, the sprue is broken at the wing location in two places, the fwd. cpit shroud sprue detached, but shrouds still intact.

12 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

He's an armor dude buy heart and not an airplane expert at all.  I just thought all would at least like to see the kit being built.

I did too. What I pointed out, was just to hopefully let others know of the mistakes, so as to not repeat them, not a ripping of what he did to his, as such.

Am I the only one disappointed by the way the clear cover over the upper wing spar marking was depicted? This is just a detail but this is obviously very visible on any Dr.I kit and again this is depicted by a protruding rectangle whereas this should be slightly recessed to be wood painted with stamped markings and a small clear rectangle added to mimic the cellon cover. :(

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Am I the only one disappointed by the way the clear cover over the upper wing spar marking was depicted? This is just a detail but this is obviously very visible on any Dr.I kit and again this is depicted by a protruding rectangle whereas this should be slightly recessed to be wood painted with stamped markings and a small clear rectangle added to mimic the cellon cover. :(

That's an easy fix, as there isn't in fact a recess beneath the 'window', it's just a celluloid panel sewn to the wing covering fabric to view the stecilling on the main spar. Just remove the protruding rectangle and replace with a small rectangle of wood decal.