1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

barkhorn

2 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Got my kit today.  That right hand dangly bit on the center wing section was snapped off, but still in the bag.  I can see this potentially being a slam build, painted whatever red I have handy, using the kit decals for Rittmeister von Richtofen and calling it good.

WIP thread, then?

Edited by Gazzas

I got my kits yesterday and its pretty nice but that wing sprue has a bow in it its the whole sprue causing the bend in the wings . I got two kits and both have the same problem. There are no broken parts that i could see either.  

Same here. Got my (first?) three kits in from Lucky Model, all have the bowed wings and two have that right-side narrow piece on the middle wing broken off, and the third kit that it's still attached I can see is just about at the breaking point. Otherwise looks like good kit to me.

11 hours ago, phasephantomphixer said:

Surely WNW would have rejected the kit with this warp issue, maybe they did?

If they had stayed in the game and released it as such, they'd be called Warpnut Wings?

There seems to be a lot of people who haven't seen a Camel fresh in the box or even got a warped Felix, short shot D7, broken struts, etc... When you have as many hands in the pot as they do I seriously doubt they can go through every box and sprue.  

That aside, you also have to compare pricing. I paid about the equivalent of my cheapest WNW kit (pre meltdown) for both Meng kits including shipping. Of course warped or broken of parts is bad - I'm not going to disregard it, but put it in perspective. You don't expect Porsche quality when you buy a Dacia. Or if you do, well, you're in for a surprise ;)

8 hours ago, nichenson said:

There seems to be a lot of people who haven't seen a Camel fresh in the box or even got a warped Felix, short shot D7, broken struts, etc... When you have as many hands in the pot as they do I seriously doubt they can go through every box and sprue.  

Oh no I’ll have to check now!

23 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

Same here. Got my (first?) three kits in from Lucky Model, all have the bowed wings and two have that right-side narrow piece on the middle wing broken off, and the third kit that it's still attached I can see is just about at the breaking point. Otherwise looks like good kit to me.

I think another member (Juggernaut?) mentioned that this part sits above the seat which with an amount of pressure would break it. Hopefully it won’t be too hard to fix?

I have not read all of this thread so I am sure it you are already aware of the following, but for those of you who are UK based Hannants know has the DR1 in stock. Retailing at £69.99, but with an initial discount knocking it down to £63.99. For anyone in the UK who is interested in acquiring one a tad cheaper (I have a wholesale account with Hannants), I can knock them out at £55.00 if you are interested.

If you are send me an email to grltrading@aol.co.uk. Not sure how many Hannants have in stock so it might be advisable to do so quickly.

that's just about the best the price for in uk I think

do you have a website / facebook group btw?

(not really interested in this kit but given the price level others may also be interested in what range you sell...)

Don’t have either but I am currently developing an eBay Shop. Unfortunately everything has been put on hold for me as I currently work in the NHS at one if the largest Acute Trusts in the UK in an area of LONDON that has been devastated by Covid.

I was due to take early retirement at the beginning of April this year (I did for all of 24hrs) but was asked to stay on for the duration of the pandemic, which I have.

As a result, my well thought out plans for setting up the e-commerce modelling shop have turned to rat manure for the foreseeable future.

As stated I currently have accounts with Hannants and Creative Models Ltd. The best method is to take a look at what they have in stock and ping me an email stating what you would like. I will then quote you a price. If you are happy I order it and then either post it to you or drop it off depending on where you live (pandemic permitting). 

Although I am currently stuck at the Hospital I work at in the South, I normally split my time equally between there and another NHS Counter Fraud Unit covering the whole of the North of England, as home for me is North Cumbria, and I used to move between the two every couple of weeks until the pandemic struck.

If you drop me an email to the address I quoted earlier I can provide you with some more details, including contact numbers, if you would like. I have a simple philosophy regarding selling kits. I am not, nor do I need to, rely on doing it to make a living just making some extra money to support my own hobby, so don’t need to quote retail, or even close to retail, prices. The prices I quote depend on the discount the wholesaler offers, which varies between manufacturers (Tamiya offers the worst by far), plus I currently have a largish collection of stock, mostly in 1/35 but with some 1/32 LSP (including approx 20+ WNW kits) as well, which I am seeking to sell on.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Gary.

So....  When Luckymodel first announced the pre-order for the Fokker, I didn't hesitate and ordered one.  A month later, I ponied up for a second by pre-ordering from a guy in my club who is a Meng distributor.

The guy in the club notified me yesterday that I can pick mine up at our club meet on Saturday.  Albeit decidedly more expensive than my Luckmodel pre-order.

4 hours ago, Gazzas said:

So....  When Luckymodel first announced the pre-order for the Fokker, I didn't hesitate and ordered one.  A month later, I ponied up for a second by pre-ordering from a guy in my club who is a Meng distributor.

The guy in the club notified me yesterday that I can pick mine up at our club meet on Saturday.  Albeit decidedly more expensive than my Luckmodel pre-order.

My luckymodel order should be on my door tomorrow or Tuesday and I did the $8 shipping.