1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

barkhorn

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

At least partially.  It isn’t clear whether it’s all WNW design, or whether WNW started it and Meng had to finish it on their own.

Given that WNW only went under a few months ago, I think it’s the unlikely that In sch a short time, Meng purchased and then was able to design and tool up the unfinished bits.   

9 minutes ago, DAK66 said:

No one has mentioned that the cowl is devoid of details on the face.  

By which you presumably mean prominent rivets?

It has the depressed front face that it should have, and unusually seems to have the securing wire along the back edge - I think that's pretty neat.

022.jpg

Richard

Edited by RLWP

7 hours ago, RLWP said:

By which you presumably mean prominent rivets?

It has the depressed front face that it should have, and unusually seems to have the securing wire along the back edge - I think that's pretty neat.

Richard

I think he may be referring to the fasteners that attach the piece you refer to as the depressed face. Granted, they'd be tiny, but WNW would most certainly have insisted that they be represented.

tv1ErE.jpg

5 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I think he may be referring to the fasteners that attach the piece you refer to as the depressed face. Granted, they'd be tiny, but WNW would most certainly have insisted that they be represented.

tv1ErE.jpg

Yes that is what i was referring to but after seeing this picture and others it may look better with nothing because the rivets were so small .There is also been a lot of comments on the wing tapes and honestly they look good to me .

Edited by DAK66
spelling error

There was plywood on the leading edge but scalloped so it did not completely cover it back to the spar exactly. It would all have been covered in fabric and rib tapes sewn over them just as the rest of the wing. The Fokker DVII was similar. WNW did not depict the scalloped plywood as visible on the DVII (or at least it was very very subtle) so looks like they went that way for the DRI

Fokker_Dr1_Wing_Details.jpg

WNW Fokker DVII leading edge

24860_7-auto_downl.jpg

Edited by petrov27

13 hours ago, DAK66 said:

Yes that is what i was referring to but after seeing this picture and others it may look better with nothing because the rivets were so small

I'm not sure I have seen a good enough picture of the cowl to be able to judge yet. And as you say, they're pretty small

Richard

10 hours ago, RLWP said:

I'm not sure I have seen a good enough picture of the cowl to be able to judge yet. And as you say, they're pretty small

Richard

The post above is about as good as it gets, and fairly clearly shows the rivets around the face, lower edge and rear of the cowl.

2 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

The post above is about as good as it gets, and fairly clearly shows the rivets around the face, lower edge and rear of the cowl.

A misunderstanding - I'm not sure I have seen a good enough picture of the cowl of the Meng kit to be able to judge yet

Richard

1 hour ago, RLWP said:

A misunderstanding - I'm not sure I have seen a good enough picture of the cowl of the Meng kit to be able to judge yet

Richard

Yes, I did indeed misunderstand you. If they're there at all, and more or less to scale, they'd be very difficult to see in the available photos of the kit.

For what it's worth, noted that these things are listed on ebay for sale direct from China for about $60 US, I think.  No idea what they wanted for shipping or how long it would take to get it or if it would have to be quarantined once it got here, assuming it ever did.  Just thought it was interesting that this kit is such a hot topic on LSP and suddenly - boom - there it is for sale on ebay.