1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

barkhorn

I certainly don't want to start ripping the kit yet, but I see more than a couple of things here that I'm not too thrilled with, but perhaps they'll be straightened out by the time the kit is actually released to the market. No matter what though, I suspect it will form a quite solid foundation on which to build a very respectable looking model, and look very much forward to its release.

We don’t know what the status of the kit prior to Meng announcing they were going to release it.  It may have been in an intermediate test shot state with additional work yet to be completed.  Meng may be finishing the kit on their own without any further input from WNW.

So we have what was the WnW Dr.1 soon to be released and every was swooning over the test shots we have seen and yes I saw the test shot at Telford last year and it looked amazing!

We now have Mengs test shot pictures that yes look a bit poor and  so now it seems its heading in to the unbuildable shelf even though from what we understand it's from the same moulds that previously everyone was getting  so excited about.

WnW always put out very carefully built test shots and maybe Ming are not so bothered!

Storm in a D cup if you ask me ladies, cant wait to build at least one of these.

Regards. Andy 

42 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

So we have what was the WnW Dr.1 soon to be released and every was swooning over the test shots we have seen and yes I saw the test shot at Telford last year and it looked amazing!

We now have Mengs test shot pictures that yes look a bit poor and  so now it seems its heading in to the unbuildable shelf even though from what we understand it's from the same moulds that previously everyone was getting  so excited about.

WnW always put out very carefully built test shots and maybe Ming are not so bothered!

Storm in a D cup if you ask me ladies, cant wait to build at least one of these.

Regards. Andy 

Storm in a D cup or tea cup?? :rofl:
I dated a storm in a D cup once. Never again. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are all modellers right?

You can take a lump of dodgy styrene and turn it into a masterpiece simply by the application of a sanding stick, glue and a touch of paint.

So, here we have a 1/32 Dr.1 from Meng out of WNW. Really, what is there to complain about? 

My wine glass is mostly empty, however, my Meng Dr.I glass is mostly full.  I looked at the photos of the test shot and think it loos fundamentally good.  For example let's compare to the grainy surface shots of the new Eduard BF-108.  I think this engraving looks much nicer.  Yes it is a quick and dirty build up.  But when you look at the engraved detail, the fit of the panels, how the fuel tank fillers merge nicely with the cowling, or the fit of the anemometer to the wing.  It really does look fundamentally sound.  

They could put snoopy markings in the box and I would not care.  We know Pheon or Aviatic can supply proper markings for this thing.  So I have no worries there.  Give me some descent directions and I will be enjoying at least one of thee on my shelf.

13 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

My Me108 kit has no grainy surface...! 

Some of the photos in the test shots, the surface looked very pebbly,  I was referring to the test shots as a comparison to the Meng test shots.

6 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Ok but what is the purpose comparing test shots...?!? They are just prototypes. 

A way of saying some maybe finding excessive fault in the meng kit.