1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

barkhorn

6 minutes ago, Quill4 said:

10/09/2020 is September in European date format.

Gawd, you're right, I had checked the day, month, year order with one of the other products to make sure I got it right, and being European that's the order I'm familiar with. It's been one of those years! 

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

Darn shame we won't be treated to the usual library of unique Fokker Dr.I photos on the WNW site.

Fokker Dr.I photos are still up.on the website...Starboard%20bottom%20wing%20detail%20froEarly%20production%20Fokker%20Dr.1%20187...they're just hidden/not indexed.

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3203&cat=1

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3205&cat=1

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

That one at least looks like him.  My Göring figure from the WNW kit is just gonna be known as an unknown 'pilot'.

On 7/1/2020 at 5:09 AM, rsanz said:

Fokker Dr.I photos are still up.on the website...Starboard%20bottom%20wing%20detail%20froEarly%20production%20Fokker%20Dr.1%20187...they're just hidden/not indexed.

Now that is a great photo!  It shows that the sunlight actually penetrated the factory finish.

3 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Now that is a great photo!  It shows that the sunlight actually penetrated the factory finish.

Totally odd that it's only one rectangular area too. I have absolutely no explanation for that, none at all.

50 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Totally odd that it's only one rectangular area too I have absolutely no explanation for that, none at all.

Probably due to shadows from upper wings and angle of the sun. 

OK, while I had already previously grabbed some Dr.I screenshots from the WNW site, I just finished grabbing all the rest tonight. One scheme that intrigues me greatly, is a plane that appears to have b/w/b/w stripes on the outer portion of the lower wing tops. I'll have to look into that.