1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

barkhorn

6 hours ago, STWilliams said:

But they did - it's been confirmed as WNW's moulds? How can you he so sure? 

I'm not real sure I understand your question. It is definitely the WNW tooling, little question about that, as all the current photos indicate as much and remove all doubt, at least for me. I believe WNW was in the process of reviewing the test shots to see what needed to be modified/altered, as seems to have been their general practice, and what WNW posted photos of, looked decidedly different than the images of the (presumably) completed kit that Meng has posted photos of.

5 minutes ago, OldTroll said:

Looks like the no-bust boxing is catalog listing QS-002 (just above "PLANE" on the box cover) and the listing for the bust version is QS-002s (just above and to the left of MvR's head.)  Two different offerings from Meng?

Same kit, but just the "special" release having the MvR bust. I really hope the price is decent on these, whenever they come to market.

49 minutes ago, LSP_Mike said:

I'll pass. I have 4 Roden kits, and I'm not even sure about the legitimacy of Meng using the molds. So, all you guys in a rush have an extra.

I have no concern with Legitimacy at all.  If WNW wanted to retain control all they had to do was pay the bill and retain their contract rights.  Peter Jackson could have shown up with a truck and hauled the molds off to one of his warehouses if he cared to.  And why worry in the end peter Jackson has plenty of resonances to defend his rights if meng wronged him. This will be a chance to get a top quality dr. I. Decals should not matter as the aftermarket will hopefully take care of that.  I have no sympathy for the ownership of WNw.  I feel terrible for how the employees were treated.  I wish WNW did not go away.  PJ made that decision.  I hereby revoke his knighthood for poor treatment of servants under his care.

4 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Looks like they blurred the engine on this box art compared to the original art.

Does it give a release date anywhere of either boxing?

Q3 for the standard kit iirc. 

Personally, my biggest gripe with the box art, besides the obvious errors, is the test-tube red. 

Could it be that MNM are just emulating what WNW did with their Manfred Von Richtofen Albatros D V a couple of years back.  Throw a cheap as chips figure into the box, call it a special edition, add 10% -20% to the cost, then sit back and count the cash as they fly off the shelves?

I can't remember seeing it elsewhere in the thread, but anyone who owns a WNW Manfred V R special edition already has a set of decals for a DR1.  See page 20 of the D V instruction booklet, Bonus Scheme 2, a red, sky blue and stripey green number.

45 minutes ago, Quill4 said:

Could it be that MNM are just emulating what WNW did with their Manfred Von Richtofen Albatros D V a couple of years back.  Throw a cheap as chips figure into the box, call it a special edition, add 10% -20% to the cost, then sit back and count the cash as they fly off the shelves?

I can't remember seeing it elsewhere in the thread, but anyone who owns a WNW Manfred V R special edition already has a set of decals for a DR1.  See page 20 of the D V instruction booklet, Bonus Scheme 2, a red, sky blue and stripey green number.

Five MvR D.V schemes, one Dr.I scheme (all Cartograf decals, with the caveat that most differences are in the paint, which the kit does not supply) and a 1:32 Mike Good sculpt, are not quite the same as a 1:10 bust and who knows how many schemes, or who the decals will be printed by, nor who did the sculpt. One thing is for certain, mark a package as a "limited or special edition", and some folks will grab them like hotcakes.

11 hours ago, RLWP said:

There's no doubt that is the engine, the sprue is labelled as Oberursel and Le Rhone:

I have used it for scratchbuilding

Richard

Once again I'm confused. Yes, that is indeed from a WNW kit, but where are any photos from Meng that show they'll be using this specific tooling/engine? I sure haven't seen any.

2 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Once again I'm confused. Yes, that is indeed from a WNW kit, but where are any photos from Meng that show they'll be using this specific tooling/engine? I sure haven't seen any.

That wasn't the question/query I was trying to address. The point raised was that the engine WNW used for the DR.I was the one included in the Camel kit - which it was

I have no idea what Meng will use, we are all waiting to see

I'm particularly waiting to see if engines will be available from Meng as accessories

Richard