1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

barkhorn

On 6/20/2020 at 9:09 PM, Bradleygolding said:

One of the reasons that kept me away from WnW kits for so long was the scale. I always believed that for fighters and two seaters, 1/24 was a much better choice. It is interesting to see that they were intending to go down that route with some designs. I wonder if ant of those will see the light of day.

Steve

Sorry if I missed this Steve but where did the idea of potential 1/24 WnW come from? Interesting that the choice of 1/32 kept you away. I felt that 1/32 was a solid choice given the likely space that many modellers may have and am happy with it. I do like 1/24 though - for aircraft of a different era I was always torn between the 1/32 Tamiya and 1/24 Airfix Mosquitos until I bit the bullet and went 1/32 in the end. 

It was quoted in this thread that WnW were working on 1/24 fighters. The Triplane and Camel were specifically noted. I also have the Airfix 1/24 Mosquito, but would probably have bought the Tamiya one had it existed!

Steve.

13 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

The ropes on the middle wing perplex me, as WNW would never have signed off on that. Perhaps this is an early test shot that Meng had retained for themselves? I really have no idea, but I seriously hope they correct that, as it really looks bogus.

But they did - it's been confirmed as WNW's moulds? How can you he so sure? 

There is nothing wrong with the box art. It is simply a matter of shutter speed. As the prop is rotating slightly faster than the engine, it is seen as blurred. The engine is rotating at exactly the right speed and angle to appear fixed when the camera took the photo. Obvious to those of us in the know.

aeroscale.kitmaker.net - Fokker Dr.1 Limited Edition

The QS-002s Fokker Dr.I Triplane “Red Baron” is a limited edition product based on the MENG QS-002 Fokker Dr.I Triplane kit. This kit includes a 1/10 resin bust of the “Red Baron” Manfred von Richthofen and a Fokker Dr.I Triplane kit. This Manfred von Richthofen bust features calm and confident facial expressions. The figure wears a leather flight jacket over the Imperial German Army uniform. He wears an M1910 Officer Visor Cap on his head and a Blue Max medal on the neckline. This is the most well-known image of the “Red Baron”. This product is limited to 1,000 kits.

010.jpg

011.jpg

B)

Juraj

2 hours ago, DonH said:

There is nothing wrong with the box art.

More to the point, making it a blur means you couldn't advertise the engine details that are included in the kit

Richard

That's the boxing i want, I'm going to jump on it the second it's available. This one is going to go fast and we're not going to get a better one. To steal a phrase from one of our esteemed comrades on this site, i don't give a " flying rat's ass "  whose mold it originally was. 

Just now, firefly7 said:

That's the boxing i want

You know, it is absolutely not the boxing I want - I don't need 1/10th Richthofen. So there's one less competitor in your early rush!

I'll wait for later boxings

Richard

I understand Richard, I'm not usually into figure busts, but I'm making an exception this time. Maybe sell the figure separately, who knows. I hope Meng brings out other boxing's to make all of us happy. Cheers.