1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

barkhorn

Could see where this one was going very early on.

:lol:

So apparently three factories were doing the manufacture for WNW in China?

Ok, so then Meng will release further ex-WNW stuff as they have some of the molds......?

Then the "other" factory will release the rest of the WW1 WNW stuff under the name "Mong" models.

Then finally another factory will release the Lancaster under the name "Ming" models.

Meng, Ming, Mong.

There - fixed it for you.

Just off to open a new box of straws and do a bit of "clutchin'" .................

Edited by PhilB

6 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

Ignorance is bliss, don’t know what wing stacking pads are, care to share, don’t know what is wrong with the wing tapes either. 

I believe the stacking pads are the small “points” sticking forward from the leading edge of the wings.  There should be only one set on each wing, not two.  As others have said, probably designed that way (by WNW who did the design) so you can shave off the set not needed.

For the rib tape, I assume the comment is that the tape on the middle wing looks like thin raised panel lines in the CAD drawing.

18 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

Ignorance is bliss, don’t know what wing stacking pads are, care to share, don’t know what is wrong with the wing tapes either. 

They are protective pads that the wing rested on when the wing was dismantled and set on the ground, the pads changed positions throughout F1 /Dr1 manufacture. See Windsock Dr1 special for details.

3 hours ago, PhilB said:

Could see where this one was going very early on.

So apparently three factories were doing the manufacture for WNW in China?

Ok, so then Meng will release further ex-WNW stuff as they have some of the molds......?

Then the "other" factory will release the rest of the WW1 WNW stuff under the name "Mong" models.

Then finally another factory will release the Lancaster under the name "Ming" models.

Meng, Ming, Mong.

There - fixed it for you.

Just off to open a new box of straws and do a bit of "clutchin'" .................

Actually I was thinking Takom, another high quality Chinese kit manufacturer. Dare I be the first to say it? Takom Lanc out late 2020? If they owe on the Dr.1 molds, I doubt the Lanc molds are paid off. Makes me wonder if working with WNW gave some of these manufacturers experience in quality kit making. Both Meng and Takom have rather quickly started producing very high quality AFV kits nearly out of nowhere. They have quickly surpassed Trumpeter in quality.

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I believe the stacking pads are the small “points” sticking forward from the leading edge of the wings.  There should be only one set on each wing, not two.  As others have said, probably designed that way (by WNW who did the design) so you can shave off the set not needed.

For the rib tape, I assume the comment is that the tape on the middle wing looks like thin raised panel lines in the CAD drawing.

Thanks for the explanation, i have seen that in other WNW kits, in that they require a little mod here and there depending on version.  I don’t have any references and have no access ago WWI aircraft references.  I just relied on wnw’s insatructions and their photo library.

1 minute ago, phasephantomphixer said:

First, IF it is found this IS the WNW triplane,

it should confirm the demise of WNW if not officially stated by them first.

And we will see what difference in price for same kit in different box.

So far, it should be less cost if the boxart is any gauge to go by...-_-

It is beyond any reasonable doubt at this point that this was the WNW kit and can be confirmed from multiple sources including former employees.  Here is one source https://www.themodellingnews.com