1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

barkhorn

I look foreword to seeing the sprue trees.  There were published images of the WNW kit sprues some months ago.  My first guess is this is the same kit and Meng has somehow got ahold of it.  Now it could also be Meng tooled this from scratch but I think we will be able to figure out if this is Meng’s original work or if they obtained the tooling from WNW.  Anyway Meng does really nice work and I am looking foreword to this.  They have not done many planes but their molding of late is of the highest standards in detail and accuracy.  

13 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Very interesting.  If it’s a detailed and accurate kit, I don’t really care who’s tooling it is.

Bingo.

As was mentioned up top, weather it is or isn't, we'll likely find out soon enough. Either way, if its an accurate new tool DR.1, Im in. 

10 minutes ago, quang said:

Why should it be a ex-WNW? Meng is well capable of doing it by themselves. Just look at their 1/48 P-51D. Do you think it was copied on the Eduard? :P

It comes right at the time the WNW kit should have hit the shelf, and WNW probably owed some money for the tooling.  I suspect Meng got this in exchange for the bills in some manner.  Would not surprise me if Meng were the ones tooling and running these things for WNW.  Someone after all was, WNW did not own any

plastic molding equipment or poses any molds to make models.  

Edited by cbk57

Makes no difference to me really. Great if it is the WnW DR.1, but if its not and still is a new tool accurate kit, Ill definitely get one. The only reason I personally would even remotely think this may (BIG may therebe the WnW tripe is the timing.

Otherwise, yes, I do believe Meng is capable of tooling their own tripe, and having it be well done. As long as it doest fit like their Me-163.

1 minute ago, Out2gtcha said:

Makes no difference to me really. Great if it is the WnW DR.1, but if its not and still is a new tool accurate kit, Ill definitely get one. The only reason I personally would even remotely think this may be the WnW tripe is the timing.

Otherwise, yes, I do beleive Meng is capable of tooking their own tripe, and having it be well done. As long as it doest fit like their Me-163.

Meng’s tooling is amazing, I just bought one of their armor kits.  I really like the quality of their work.  I agree though, while I think that this is the WNW kit, and I think maybe Meng were tooling it for WNW, it does not matter in the end it the kit is nice we just want the the kit on the market.