1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

barkhorn

Aaaaand... GO!

Queue speculation about "you-know-who sold the you- know-what to guess-who". At first glance this looks like a brand new tool. 

Remember when Copper State Models announced their Hansa Brandenburg and WNW had to immedialtely show that they were planning one too? I said then that WNW was going to face serious competition from a lot of other companies who wanted a bite of their lunch. Well, here it is. And I suspect there will be more. This may sound like blasphemy for the WNW cultists, but in the end we, the modellers, win. 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

what about the Dr. I kits announced some time ago from WingnutWings?

Fokker F. 1/Dr.1 (Early)                                                                         (Wingnut Wings) 32068 in development for 2020

Fokker Dr. I (Late)                                                                                 (Wingnut Wings) 32069 in development for 2020

I've copied this from the Meng site:

"We know that you have been waiting for a carefully studied large scale Fokker Dr.I model kit with precise details for a long time. Now your wishes come true as the latest MENG QS-002 Fokker Dr.I Triplane model kit will be available soon. This 1/32 scale model kit features accurate exteriors, wing structure and realistic fabric covering. This aircraft’s cockpit interiors and engine construction are completely replicated. Exquisite PE cooling jackets and sights are provided to replicate the complete aircraft machine guns. The eye-catching “Red Baron” paint scheme is included. The finished model will be 180.44mm long and 225mm wide. It shows the classic shape and colorful appearance of this classic fighter aircraft. It can become the brightest star in your collection."

See!  Somebody was listening.

Box art:

104942252_10158529961504414_137536944279

Dave Johnson suspects it's the Wingnut Wings tooling, but others are seeing differences. Personally, I don't really care one way or the other. Looks a great kit either way, and it's great that WW1 aeromodelling looks set to continue with or without the famed New Zealand player.

Kev

20 minutes ago, Radub said:

Wahey, strap in lads, here we go again!

Radu

Nope, I'm not biting. My opinion is that WNW has ceased production. Your opinion is different.

Stop looking for an argument all the time.

Edited by vince14

21 minutes ago, vince14 said:

Nope, I'm not biting. My opinion is that WNW has ceased production. Your opinion is different.

As I said, here we go again.:D

Radu

23 minutes ago, vince14 said:

I think Radu was just joking, please let's just leave all that sort of thing (Father Ted reference) behind.

Incidentally CSM have put their Hansa on hold, but have a couple of other projects on the way.