1/24 Hurricane Mk.1

If I'm going to get this finished I need to pull finger. A quick camo mask and spray over the last day. The paint is Tamiya acrylic dark green and a mix of Tamiya flat earth and khaki for the brown. Next up a gloss coat, detail painting, and decals (of which there are very few :) ).

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

6 hours ago, Grant_T said:

If I'm going to get this finished I need to pull finger. A quick camo mask and spray over the last day. The paint is Tamiya acrylic dark green and a mix of Tamiya flat earth and khaki for the brown. Next up a gloss coat, detail painting, and decals (of which there are very few :) ).

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

Nice looking camo job Grant.  I am sure you will complete the build!

Ernest

Well, its the 30th here, so I must be finished. Airfix 1/24 Hurricane straight out of the box. Funny kit, a but quite crude in many ways. Some of the fit is imprecise and parts are oversized/funny looking. Glad to have another one done though. See you for the next group build!

026.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg
030.jpg
031.jpg

2 hours ago, Grant_T said:

Well, its the 30th here, so I must be finished. Airfix 1/24 Hurricane straight out of the box. Funny kit, a but quite crude in many ways. Some of the fit is imprecise and parts are oversized/funny looking. Glad to have another one done though. See you for the next group build!

026.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg
030.jpg
031.jpg

You made it Grant!  Very sharp looking Hurricane Mk.I and cool idea using a turntable to display it on!  Looks like your model is the final one completed for this group build.  I have considered buying this kit several times over the years, but after the amount of work a put in the PCM Hurricane Mk.I to get a decent looking result, I think I will wait for a new tool of this aircraft in 1/24 scale.

Ernest

2 hours ago, Grant_T said:

11 minutes ago, Greif8 said:

You made it Grant!  Very sharp looking Hurricane Mk.I and cool idea using a turntable to display it on!  Looks like your model is the final one completed for this group build.  I have considered buying this kit several times over the years, but after the amount of work a put in the PCM Hurricane Mk.I to get a decent looking result, I think I will wait for a new tool of this aircraft in 1/24 scale.

Hi Ernest, thanks. I think you are right in waiting. This kit took so much time in filling etc., that I lost energy and time at the end. I think the Trumpeter 1/24 Mk.IIc Hurricanes are a big step up from this. I might add one to the stash (I always preferred the Mk.IIc anyway). :)

20 minutes ago, Grant_T said:

Hi Ernest, thanks. I think you are right in waiting. This kit took so much time in filling etc., that I lost energy and time at the end. I think the Trumpeter 1/24 Mk.IIc Hurricanes are a big step up from this. I might add one to the stash (I always preferred the Mk.IIc anyway). :)

Hi Grant, thank you for the advice!  I wonder if Airfix is going to update the Mk..I?  Their new tool 1/24 stuff looks pretty nice.  

Ernest