Some low passes

I could could go on and on here.  Flew in the Guard with AH-1 Cobras. Altitude and situational awareness. Saves lives.  I flew with night vision goggles when they were so inferior to the job application it was dangerous.   You couldn’t see power line in front of you but only the poles.  Really?    Black Six is another example.   Smoke in the cockpit pilot panicked and flew the Bf 109G into a situation of stupidity.  The M11 motorway over fly, drops into a flowed field only to flip her on her back.  

Sorry to say.  90% of all accidents are pilot related.  Low altitude acrobatic is just as dangerous and often fatal as a high speed low pass.  

The P-38 incident was totally avoidable.  Sadly, to mention only after the point.   

Agree to disagree?  but agree with the 90% of them being error,  and I am talking war birds only at air displays and not military training (absolutely no disrespect intended, thank our for your service).

There is no point watching war birds flying at 1000's of ft and a small spec in the sky. They were restored for the public to enjoy the noise and speed. The Black Six situation has nothing to do with low passes what so ever  and is literally not relevant other than being a 109 doing an air display and again miss judgement over mechanical issue. It is beautiful restored and resides in the RAF museum. I think I have walk arounds of it on LSP?    What your implying is don't fly them at all and I personally think that is sad.  More and more examples of great WW2 planes are being restored to flying condition. This is a good thing not a bad thing.

It will be a sad, sad day if we need to see restored war birds fly over at high level  and not hear the sounds, whistles and such that they the make or worse not see them fly at all.

I'm still posting low level passes.  Sorry but when they go, so does our feeling of how these old birds sound and look, and from the looks of the industry they are on the rise as restorations not on the fall.  I'll treasure my four visits to Duxford immensely and hope for at least one more, and the low level passes that come with it. 

I am a huge follower of the aircraft restoration world and want them to fly and see the odd low pass.

Ron

I actually thought the Spitfire that did a half-cuban eight? and then swooped across he field was pushing the limits a little too close. Wasn't sure it'd recover without a high speed stall out of that half roll then pull out of the dive.

I took my daughter to the Tyabb airshow and we were superclose on the road. They use the runway for the display but fly across the road which is at 90degrees. After a minute or two I thought better of it and moved. It was exciting though.