F6F-3 Hellcat..

williamj

So glad to have finished this one..lot more than anticipated,don't believe I'll be doing another,LOL have a few kits on the bench that 

I want to get to...Just craved something that looked like a Hellcat,getting the Trump wing in and re building the Has. fuselage was the only way.

Did enjoy it but didn't take it to the wall,But still maintain the Hasegawa is the best "looking" kit in our scale..and have seen some really nice builds strait out of the box over the years.

Anyhow,thanks for following along and on to the next...perhaps another Yellow wing from the golden age of aviation.haven't decided yet.

Link to build..Trumpygawa Hellcat x 2 - Works in Progress - Large Scale Planes

Cheers all.Bill.

8gt5so.jpg
vyFo8L.jpg
mv4S3z.jpg
S5rZBN.jpg
8cTF6V.jpg
ohG1wS.jpg

JbgOl2.jpg

Edited by williamj

Beautiful job! I love the weathering! I'm currently, (slowly), working on one for a friend as well as a scratch built carrier deck base. Did you build the base, or buy a commercial one? The idea of scratch building the deck tie down anchoring strips does not appeal to me. Although I'm capable of it if need be, I'd prefer to find some pre-made ones in resin or photo etch.

5 hours ago, lawman56 said:

Beautiful job! I love the weathering! I'm currently, (slowly), working on one for a friend as well as a scratch built carrier deck base. Did you build the base, or buy a commercial one? The idea of scratch building the deck tie down anchoring strips does not appeal to me. Although I'm capable of it if need be, I'd prefer to find some pre-made ones in resin or photo etch.

Thanks for that Lawman....The Resin Carrier Deck is from Australia...check out (Eureka 1/32 aircraft carrier wooden deck) you can still find them on Ebay for about 25.00..Also there are PE tie down strips available on Ebay as well if you're scratching one up....cheap.

Edited by williamj