Mc-205 Veltro, and Mc-202 Folgore

Steve Eagle

For my stock of C202 and C205 21st Century kits I looked everywhere for wheels as the kit ones are a joke, for my C205 build I was lucky enough to find some wheels in my spares box that looked just right but I did not know where they came from. Then someone mentioned 1/48 scale Wellington wheels so I have some of those, but they are a bit big. Then I bought some CMK G50 wheels which looked good. Then I was directed to SEM Models which had C202/C205 wheels and they are absolutely spot on, the CMK wheels though are a close match to them.

moyRZQ.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Hi Kev, I got them from an Italian resin company which made full kits in various scales and upgrade kits, sadly I read somewhere that the owner had died, when I looked up the website it seems to confirm this. There may however be some SEM upgrade parts still available out there.

https://www.semmodel.com/

Regards

Dennis

7 hours ago, dennismcc said:

Then someone mentioned 1/48 scale Wellington wheels...

Actually, 1/72 Wellington wheels are about the right size and design. The 1/32 G.50 wheels that are now available are by far the better option for those 21C kits.

D

1 hour ago, D Bellis said:

Actually, 1/72 Wellington wheels are about the right size and design. The 1/32 G.50 wheels that are now available are by far the better option for those 21C kits.

D

Strangely enough I have quite a few 1/72 Wellington wheels as well, I went on a spending spree when I was building Italian 21st Century kits but the CMK and SEM ones are the wheels that I will be using.

Cheers

Dennis