Revell 1/32 Heinkel He 162

Grunticus

4 hours ago, Grunticus said:

No it doesn't...

Yes, it is fiction. There is absolutely NO evidence of any He 162 being painted in splinter camoflage during the war. If the author has proof, he didn't bother to provide it in his book.

There is one surviving example in a museum in Berlin (W.Nr. 120 076) that wears splinter camo, but it was repainted post-war in the UK and/or Canada. 

HTH,

D

Edited by D Bellis
Corrected inept auto correct.

• 6 months later...

In the last few days I have redesigned my modeling room completely. New bench, lighting, layout. Lots more space and light now. The drawers are not installed yet. As we all know no one can finish a half ready kit on a brand new bench (the F-84G, which gave me more grief and was set aside once again). So I’ll start a dual-build of two Bu-131’s soon. Today I did feel like finishing the He-162 first.

Notice how I divided the stash left and right so it seems like a normal quantity :P

The new setup:

n8cejNF.jpg?1

Base markings and Werksnummer have been airbrushed using masks cut with the Silhouette cutter. The rest will be decals from the kit. Sorry for the not so good focus, the new LED light gives my IPhone an issue with flickering shutter. More soon.

t5AxTWH.jpg?2

pCTkQ1G.jpg?1

TsONxkt.jpg?1

Edited by Grunticus
Spelling error

Nice bird :clap2:

On 7/18/2020 at 9:40 PM, D Bellis said:

Yes, it is fiction. There is absolutely NO evidence of any He 162 being painted in splinter camoflage during the war. If the author has proof, he didn't bother to provide it in his book.

There is one surviving example in a museum in Berlin (W.Nr. 120 076) that wears splinter camo, but it was repainted post-war in the UK and/or Canada. 

HTH,

D

Well, D Bellis, about this I've sent an email some months ago to the author of the book, but never got a reply. Until we find some real evidence about splinter camod 162s there is only one conclusion:

You are quite right!

Regards

- dutik

• 1 month later...

While waiting for the HGW Ki-86 seatbelts I finished up the He-162. It took me quite a while to get the number "23" good enough for the Silhouette cutter. Today I made gunbarrels from serynge needle and painted them gun metal.

WfyQfuc.jpg?1

In the photos below the barrels are not yet in pace but they are now. Here's the end result:

cnmQI16.jpg?1

a0uzzOF.jpg

mi6vtZD.jpg?2

GrWYWaO.jpg

A very enjoyable kit it was. Aftermarket is not really needed, the kit is very detailed in the box. Recommended!

Edited by Grunticus

• 3 weeks later...