RAF Bentwaters

D.B. Andrus

11 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Again, apologies for using the term amateurish — the set of pictures on the OP's thread left me with the feeling of a gutted fish.

Unfortunately, as many people have quoted my post it has become impossible for me to redact any unfair comment. 

The Lightning and Jaguar look SUPER!

Tony 

I don't think you need to redact what you said, your following explanations show what happened - and we are all having bad hair days at the moment. It just demonstrates we are all human, even aeroplane modellers*

And if you hadn't posted, I wonder if we would have got that information from Julien and that lovely Jaguar picture

I can almost smell the kerosene

Richard

*Any evidence that illustrates that is valuable, I have been to modelling shows...

Cheers guys, we do get some stick for having airframes outside but unless someone chucks a lot of cash our way then thats how it has to be. 

Its rolling programme of repair, refurbishment and new. 

We got the A-10 after 13 years of dealing with the USAF and their red tape (not my doing as they guy who did it surely has the patience of a saint). That took a while to disassemble, move then put back together right. Hunter and lightning as well as Meteor F.8 being refurbished, interrupted by the acquisition of the a T-33 which turned out to need way more work than we thought, they the RAF Museum at Cosford surprised us by offering the F-84. Both of these we want to get out as they operated from the base. 

If you want to buy the Hunter I can put you in touch with the owner ;)

No offense Tony but I did see a bit red at first due to the stick we have had before from certain parties. We are only a small museum with limited staff members and ever more limited funds. That and Covid is doing us no favours as we are shut,

JUlien