Italeri Tornado GR.4 sprue pics

Dave Williams

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/13/2020 at 9:13 PM, Scotsman said:

From what I can see , the original GR4 upgrade process left the rear IP looking much like it does in the kit , however around 2004/5 came the TARDIS , (Tornado advanced radar display and information system).upgrade which replaces the original IP

2a398fcdf4166242aa7513233f7570d9.jpg

with this..

9s8q6u2.jpg

So it looks that anyone doing a Op Telic aircraft , the kit IP is probably ok, however anything later you'll be looking at some scratch building 

Tornado reading

Thanks Colin I found this while searching the rear cockpit and the TARDIS panel is in the kit part 59 alongside the old panel part 56.

On 10/3/2020 at 4:47 PM, Confusionreigns178 said:

I would like to make a few predictions about how the kit's price will be "modified" over time... (these are all made in the assumption that kit is made in large numbers and is still available in 2 or 3 years from now - if they produce them in fairly limited numbers and then cease production in 18 months from now, then all bets are off). 

Release - £140.00 (Hannant's price, before any pre-order reduction - which brings it down to £126.00). 

12 months from now (when all the Tonka enthusiasts have increased their stash to their heart's desire and dealers are buying them at much less than the current, wholesale price due to "slower" demand) - between £90.00 to £110.00.

2 years from now - "The Going Rate" £80.00 (probably a bit cheaper under the tables at model-shows... remember those?). 

Re-boxed by Revell (possible, but who knows? Although this would really kill off the market for their current Tornado moulds) - about £80.00. 

When I find a part-started one on E-Bay (depending on the "butchery level") - £50.00 to £70.00 (?). 

Obviously, I don't have a functional crystal-ball, so all these prices are just "semi-educated" guesses on my part.

What think yee, good folk of LSP?

Chris. 

Reasonably prescient there Chris ! 

Now in April 21  , being offloaded in their clearance section in Jadlam's website  in the UK for £99, Ebay UK showing lowest at £95 , Amazon still £110 .