Italeri Tornado GR.4 sprue pics

Dave Williams

I've spent most of the day looking at the those pics, and it just looks right to me , 

Example A

+Italeri%2527s+new+32nd+scale+Tornado+GR

On the ground the Tornado  looks like a heavy beast , squatting down  even when not under load, and that pic seems to replicate that sit perfectly , ,

So bring it on ..

15 minutes ago, scott_t said:

I like it !

Has any information on included weapons been released yet?

I believe the weapons sprue has been shown previously.  GBU-12, Hindenburger tanks, Skyshadow ECM, BOZ flare/chaff pod, and AIM-9L/M are the applicable options.  The sprue also shows HARM, GBU-31(?), AIM-120, AIM-9X, and Cerberus ECM pod.

https://www.italeri.com/en/article/779

Edited by Dave Williams

Looking at the photos of the buildup, they’ve included the hardbacks for the GBU-12s, which is nice.  For other ordnance, Eduard does a 1/32 LITENING pod, although the rear air intake appears to be on the wrong side as I’ve seen them mounted on the forward port side fuselage pylon.  The head section isn’t separate, so you can’t just roll the body 180 degrees.  Wolfpack did a LITENING pod for the Hornet, and it looks like the intake is on the correct side.  For Storm Shadows, both of the KH Mirage 2000 kits, including the single seat C, have a pair of SCALP-EG, which is the same.  If the BOL Sidewinder rails are the same as on the Tomcat, CE did them in 1/32 scale, and Wolfpack Designs did them as part of their F-14B Bombcat Update set.  All that’s really missing is Brimstones and their triple rack.

7 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Looking at the photos of the buildup, they’ve included the hardbacks for the GBU-12s, which is nice.  For other ordnance, Eduard does a 1/32 LITENING pod, although the rear air intake appears to be on the wrong side as I’ve seen them mounted on the forward port side fuselage pylon.  The head section isn’t separate, so you can’t just roll the body 180 degrees.  Wolfpack did a LITENING pod for the Hornet, and it looks like the intake is on the correct side.  For Storm Shadows, both of the KH Mirage 2000 kits, including the single seat C, have a pair of SCALP-EG, which is the same.  If the BOL Sidewinder rails are the same as on the Tomcat, CE did them in 1/32 scale, and Wolfpack Designs did them as part of their F-14B Bombcat Update set.  All that’s really missing is Brimstones and their triple rack.

I'd be fairly certain that the AM guys will offer us some additions to augment what is already offered in the kit.

Pays yer money and takes yer choice again!

I hate to think what I've added or replaced to some kits at quite considerable cost to some recognised superb kits over the years.

This one will probably be no exception as well.

funny lot us modellers, but it makes the world go around I suppose!! :rolleyes::)

On 10/11/2020 at 12:51 PM, Stevepd said:

Me to, 5 of us have been given notice as of 31st December. Still processing at the mo:hmmm:

Sorry to hear that, there is going to be a lot of this happening from now on. I hope you find something else soon. I'm fine with it actually, pretty much early retirement, and I have a few ideas to keep me occupied. 

On 10/12/2020 at 12:12 AM, Dave Williams said:

I believe the weapons sprue has been shown previously.  GBU-12, Hindenburger tanks, Skyshadow ECM, BOZ flare/chaff pod, and AIM-9L/M are the applicable options.  The sprue also shows HARM, GBU-31(?), AIM-120, AIM-9X, and Cerberus ECM pod.

https://www.italeri.com/en/article/779

So, no Brimstone, no standard bombs, no 1000lb LGBs, no ALARM, no RAPTOR pod, no TERMA.....  It is barely a GR4 then, is it!?

14 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I thought the Matchbox trench digger had retired.  Obviously not.  That looks like a toy to me.  Worse than the really bad F-104.  

Really?  IMHO the person(s) that built this sample did not check their Rapid-O-Graph pens at the door.  The black and dark grey panel lines are not subtle at all.  This is a weathering style still embraced by some.  Or... the Marketers wanted to emphasize “details”.  Certainly anyone on this LSP site would never draw all the panel lines!  We are artists with subtle methods and personalities.  :D

4 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Really?  IMHO the person(s) that built this sample did not check their Rapid-O-Graph pens at the door.  The black and dark grey panel lines are not subtle at all.  This is a weathering style still embraced by some.  Or... the Marketers wanted to emphasize “details”.  Certainly anyone on this LSP site would never draw all the panel lines!  We are artists with subtle methods and personalities.  :D

I have to agree. Zacto models do the same thing with their samples presented to the public; a black wash to amplify the brilliant detail of the resin parts. I suspect once we begin to see these Tornado kits actually built, more subtle panel line washes and other weathering effects, are going to present as some pretty darned cool looking aircraft models.

4 hours ago, wunwinglow said:

So, no Brimstone, no standard bombs, no 1000lb LGBs, no ALARM, no RAPTOR pod, no TERMA.....  It is barely a GR4 then, is it!?

A guy on Britmodeller said the rear cockpit isn't accurate for a GR.4, so the list just gets longer, sadly.