Italeri Tornado GR.4 sprue pics

Dave Williams

On 10/4/2020 at 10:24 AM, Kagemusha said:

Anyway, back on track, I can't see the point of spending £140 on a brand new kit with the hope that an AM producer will manufacture items which should have been included in the kit, and I can't see anyone producing any Brimstones, it's not viable. 

I understand you point of you, today it's a pity that with a new kit we don't have the "correct" weapon load.

But, at the same time Hasegawa almost always never put the weapon at all... and their kit are not cheap.

Tamiya a little more, but is not cheap at all.

As for the AM producers... we already have a good one UK-based AM that produce a lot of 1/32nd Post-War RAF Weapon Sets... with 1000lb iron bombs, TIALD pod, CPU-123 LGBs, Storm Shadow stand-off missiles, and even the Alarm missiles that only the Tornado were cleared to use, so why not for some new resin Brimestones and triple-launchers? B)  

The weapons options included with jet kits is a head scratcher for me.  I have three modern jet kits and I am new to the jet scene. While I am learning about each type I see only a few weapons, being the model builder I am, that I want to use out of the kit. Many need futzing and many have been replaced by great AM. The decals on the AM are very good.  My Tamiya F-15E kit has a new sprue but my attitude remains the same.  IIRC my conversion to an Israeli type creates opportunities for different AM.  Mission specific area will drive load out for my Trumpeter Harrier. A few are in the box. Just about all the kit weapons will go into the spares boxes. 

Gotta say that despite the weapons choices, the kit looks pretty good. I like the options for the flaps/slats/spoilers, and the reverse buckets able to be posed deployed. 
The panel lines do look a little wide, but I could live with it. The price tag is a little hefty so I’d have to be waiting until it’s a little less rich for my wallet. From what I can tell, it looks like an improvement on the Revell kit for sure. 

At least the panel lines appears to cover the entire airframe , unlike the Revell kit , where the lines disappear when it comes the underside of the man fuselage , but man that looks like a really beautiful model 

Even as the first photo appear I was ooooooooh that looks great. For me the flaps n slats and the buckets are a welcome option and then a ladder:goodjob:. After the initial wave the prices will come down then they’ll be a second wave (current buzz word:wub:).

Hopefully there'll be a GR1/GR1a at some point: these birds just look odd to me in anything other than grey/green wraparound and unit markings from an RAF Germany squadron, preferably 2 Sqn given my predilection for recce.

The German examples look good too.

Must stop, or I'll talk myself int buying more than one ....

31 minutes ago, MikeC said:

Hopefully there'll be a GR1/GR1a at some point: these birds just look odd to me in anything other than grey/green wraparound and unit markings from an RAF Germany squadron, preferably 2 Sqn given my predilection for recce.

The German examples look good too.

Must stop, or I'll talk myself int buying more than one ....

Agreed, gotta love the wrap around camo’.

49807986763_b33a4bf395_b.jpg

Edited by Stokey Pete

I might fire up the 3d printer again, then. I had hoped for a much better selection of stores in this otherwise fabulous kit, but the payload is the whole point of this aircraft. I've just been made redundant, so I might dust of some old CAD projects. I do have a couple of LITENING pods in stock if anyone is interested. PM me...

FLS3232012+LITENING+Pod+for+Typhoon.jpg