Italeri Tornado GR.4 sprue pics

Dave Williams

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2020/06/preview-part-iv-italeris-new-32nd-scale.html

Hopefully the production kits don’t have the sink marks across the flaps and on the tail fin.  For better or worse, the panel lines and plastic seem similar to the F-104 kits.  I think the panel lines look inferior to the new tool Revell kit, although it looks like Italeri is using multiple parts to build up fuselage, which should avoid the areas of the Revell kit lacking detail because they were at 90 degrees to the mold.

Edited by Dave Williams

40 minutes ago, wunwinglow said:

Hopefully it will be done in several versions, I can't imagine they would not do an Italian one, for example! 

For sure... the 3D shows a mix of parts for the GR.1/GR.4 and the italian ECR and IDS-MLU versions.

Also, if you look at how the front and rear fuselage and the wing lerx-glove are broken down an F.3 version could be possible.

1 hour ago, Piero said:

For sure... the 3D shows a mix of parts for the GR.1/GR.4 and the italian ECR and IDS-MLU versions.

Also, if you look at how the front and rear fuselage and the wing lerx-glove are broken down an F.3 version could be possible.

An F3 would almost be a new kit. I have been working on a conversion set on and off for ages, but the Revell kit is so flimsy it is very tricky to keep it all lined up! If they did do and F3, I'd be thrilled!

Woo Hoo .. thr one day I give The Modelling News a miss, and this turns up, typical 

As fro the kit , yup I forsee multiples  of this one in my life .. bring it on ..

As fro the F3 yes I do detect a wiff of one in the parts layout , but I agree with you Tim, as someone who scratchbuilt an F3 from the self same Revel kit , it really is a non trivial task , I did it , but man I'd like full kit of it , and remember Italy flew the F3 fro a few years , so perhaps.. just perhaps!

IMHO Italeri would be really off the mark if they ignored the F3 version, thereby losing LOT's of sales!

Potentially those sales could exceed the GR4's because there simply isn't any competition there at all for a 1/32 version as yet.

I know I'd be up for a few for a start!! ;)

Unless I missed something, I don't see any air intake trunking or compressors.  In this day and age and considering the scale, open cavities into the fuselage  is a bit lacking IMO...  Granted the KH Mirage 2000 doesn't have it either, but at least the shock cones hide  a lot.  The ramp inlet doesn't.