Testing! 1/32 Kanonenvogel build!

alaninaustria

Guest LSP_Jay L

Very nice work so far Alan. I'm glad you pointed out the radiators as it wasnt something I had looked at yet. I did notice the prop blades as they looked slightly funny to me but I am not sure as to what I will do about them yet, if anything at all.

Good to see you have the picture thing sorted out.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Alan, you lucky b@5tard. I have been waiting for this kit to come out but I have a New Year resolution to cut into the stash before I get mine. I will live the dream through your great work. I love the scratch building stuff by the way, BZ.

Guest LSP_Jay L

I started getting mine together last night as I was taking some shots forthe review. this is a really superb kit isnt it? Yours is looking all the bestter for the superb detail you've put into it so far.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Hej guys, just a little update with a bit of the work I completed in the last couple of days. What I have done is:

Added wiring into the cockpit area using streched sprue... all lined up then wrapped and using the fingers bent to conform to the cockpit sidewalls. References are the Aero Detail book and the JU 87 from M. Griehl. Great books to use.

I have also tackled the propellor problem by using a spare Hasegawa Fw 190 D-9 prop carved and mounted using Evergreen tubing. Worked out well and coresponds to the pics I have been using as ref's. I also tackled the underside of the wings where the cannons are mounted. Since the G series were rebuilds of the D series, alot of modifications were performed. This included using plates of metal to mount the guns underwing.

This kit it great and I am loving this build! :D

Enjoy

Alan

post-4-1136839668.jpg

The cockpit together with the cable routed through to the other side... where she plugs into the main CB panel ;)

Here you can also see the chair cage for the raer seated gunner... I added two mounting rings for the seatbelt and left the innerside open to slip the seatbelt PE in later :o There will be a shoulder harness mounting as well on the other side.. but that comes later. :D

Also a few little knobs etc were added to give some more depth... waldron punch ofcourse! B)

post-4-1136839755.jpg

And from the other side.... even more cables be run through the area.... this cockpit must have had a few K's of cables! I find it easier to use stretched sprue than the metal tin/lead wires... I like to use that for the brake lines :D

post-4-1136840043.jpg

Now we have the prop and spinner... I used the MDC riveting tool to add the rivet detail to the spinner... and the carved Fw 190 D-9 props..... alot better than the original offering... :angry:

With the Evergreen tubing those props just slide right in.... :o

I like the shape of the Late war German blades... each type of bird had a matching character of blade shape! :D

post-4-1136840142.jpg