positive WNW info ?

spacewolf

If you want Copper State to make more WW1 aircraft, go buy a Nieuport or two!! Now!!  There are several to choose from, they are not 'boring' PC10 coloured machines, they are beautifully designed and manufactured kits, and jeez, one even has rockets!! Quality is barely a hairsbreadth shy of the WNW series, and right now, they are our best bet for a continuing stream of top quality WW1 aircraft models. Meng I reckon is a flash in the pan, they are just recouping their out-of-pocket expenses on the tooling they have made for a now expired client. 

What are you waiting for? Go click that button!!  https://www.copperstatemodels.com/page/product_info/270/WzIsIltdIl0%3D

Tim

PS no commercial affiliation with CSM, just a very happy customer!

Edited by wunwinglow

19 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Probably because they want to.  There's dozens of companies handling WW2 planes, but one, maybe two handling WW1.

Matt 

Looking at the previous comments by CSM about the current lack of WW1 aircraft sales to raise finance for more WW1 projects it seemed to me that doing the odd popular WWII aircraft kit might just generate the sales needed for them.

A 1/32 late mark Spitfire at the 'right' price or something equally popular done to their high standards might just do it for them?

Means to an end and all that!

It would open another door for them I think. 

8 hours ago, wunwinglow said:

If you want Copper State to make more WW1 aircraft, go buy a Nieuport or two!! Now!!  There are several to choose from, they are not 'boring' PC10 coloured machines, they are beautifully designed and manufactured kits, and jeez, one even has rockets!! Quality is barely a hairsbreadth shy of the WNW series, and right now, they are our best bet for a continuing stream of top quality WW1 aircraft models. Meng I reckon is a flash in the pan, they are just recouping their out-of-pocket expenses on the tooling they have made for a now expired client. 

What are you waiting for? Go click that button!!  https://www.copperstatemodels.com/page/product_info/270/WzIsIltdIl0%3D

Tim

PS no commercial affiliation with CSM, just a very happy customer!

I agree! I bought the N.XXI with rockets, beautiful kits.

If the CSM Nieuport's had come out at around the time WNW launched, or fairly soon afterwards, they'd have sold well. Now, the WWI 1/32 market has literally dozens & dozens of subject kits to chose from, with WNW perhaps saturating the market to some degree. Roden have also offered Nieuport's for years, as well as Special Hobby & Academy's XVII.

There are companies whose quality entices people to buy a kit they may already have by another manufacturer. Tamiya & WNW spring to mind. But CSM don't yet have the brand strength to do that, especially in the current environment, where many buyers are obsessing over WNW kits in perhaps their final throes of existence.

Slightly unlucky for CSM.

STW agreed. Also CSM now have what? 3 or 4 boxings of the same basic Nieuport and some time ago ran into the problem of diminishing returns.

Tooling a new kit was a big investment so they tried to recycle the XVII but that still costs money and each version gets less sales. It could well be that their disappointment lies there. 

I've got Nieuports on order right now, currently working their way across the Atlantic.  CSM did also just announce a British boxing of their XXIII and XVII, so I'll have to buy those as well.  They talked about a two-seater coming, and something British, to go with the Brandenburg.  I'm thinking it'll be a Nieuport X or XII for the two-seater.

Matt 

2 hours ago, Basta said:

STW agreed. Also CSM now have what? 3 or 4 boxings of the same basic Nieuport and some time ago ran into the problem of diminishing returns.

Tooling a new kit was a big investment so they tried to recycle the XVII but that still costs money and each version gets less sales. It could well be that their disappointment lies there. 

CSM possibly glanced over at WNW, thought "we'll have a bit of that", without realising "that" was a loss making machine?

Now it's obvious to all & sundry, but at the time CSM's decision looked reasonable enough. With hindsight, it looks like only the Fokker D.VII & Albatros D.V had the popularity in 1/32 for multiple boxings, especially when timed so close together.

A real shame, as CSM produced a kit that, for a small operation, is astoundingly good.

1 hour ago, LSP_Mike said:

The eindekker, DH-2, Sopwith Triplane, LVG and W-29 have multiple boxings, as does the Re 8.

The Eindecker had 4 boxing's initially, the DH.2 1, Sopwith Triplane 1, LVG 1 and W-29 1. The RE.8 had one.

Half of the Eindecker boxing's did not sell out. The duellist boxing was bundled with another sold out kit.

The DH.2 become a duelist boxing after selling out. Triplane became a character boxing after selling out. LVG became a duellist boxing after selling out. W-29 become a duellist boxing after selling out. The RE.8 became a duellist boxing after selling out.

So in the case of the DH.2, Triplane, LVG, W-29 & RE.8, they all appeared in 2 boxing's, the 2nd of which - launched years after the first - was shared with a new kit after the original had sold out

5 of the 6 kits you list have two boxing's each. CSM have already released 2 Nieuport's, with 2 more imminent. 

The only kits WNW managed to shift with 4 boxing's or more were the Fokker D.VII & Albie's. Even then, it happened over the space of several years. That's the point I'm trying to make.

I don’t see the “Duelists” boxings as multiple boxings as for most people you have to pay for two kits to get the one you want, and for kits like the W.29 and LVG, they were only available once as a single kit.  Certainly not in the same vein as the D.VII, Albatros, and Camel kits. 

On 6/20/2020 at 4:02 PM, Royboy said:

Looking at the previous comments by CSM about the current lack of WW1 aircraft sales to raise finance for more WW1 projects it seemed to me that doing the odd popular WWII aircraft kit might just generate the sales needed for them.

A 1/32 late mark Spitfire at the 'right' price or something equally popular done to their high standards might just do it for them?

Means to an end and all that!

It would open another door for them I think. 

If a late mark Spitfire did it for them, I'd expect them to do another, different, late mark Spitfire. Or Seafire.  Hopefully....:D