positive WNW info ?

spacewolf

19 hours ago, vince14 said:

Agree, could well be the case. I think PJ wants WNW to die off as quietly as possible.

I'm now in the habit of trying to order something at the WNW website about 6 times per day, as well as quickly checking in with HLJ, Sprue Bros, Hannants, and Modelbau Koenig.

If the kits are going to be available again, I would think they would turn up at one of those places.

It's interesting to note that Sprue Bros. actually still has the new Gotha G.1 kits in stock!  Even with all the panic buying and selling taking place, no one apparently wants those kits.  Helps explain the financial trouble WNW got themselves into with this sort of esoteric subject matter.

2 hours ago, ringleheim said:

I'm now in the habit of trying to order something at the WNW website about 6 times per day, as well as quickly checking in with HLJ, Sprue Bros, Hannants, and Modelbau Koenig.

If the kits are going to be available again, I would think they would turn up at one of those places.

It's interesting to note that Sprue Bros. actually still has the new Gotha G.1 kits in stock!  Even with all the panic buying and selling taking place, no one apparently wants those kits.  Helps explain the financial trouble WNW got themselves into with this sort of esoteric subject matter.

I have the Gotha with floats.  Agreed it is esoteric but it looks like a daunting build on the box art and inside the box even more daunting to me. A scary kit. I am a history oriented model builder so that explains why I have it. The other two engine aircraft kits sold out quickly.  IMHO the Lancaster was business crazy project.  My skin crawled when the announcement was made along with a WTF.   The project dragged on and on and was not set aside when the other kit beat them to market.  

Rick

On 6/16/2020 at 1:11 PM, ringleheim said:

Those gotta G.1's to me were the least desirable kits that WNW tooled.  Neither had the least appeal to me.  

34 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

Those gotta G.1's to me were the least desirable kits that WNW tooled.  Neither had the least appeal to me.  

Yeah.. I thought the two G.1 were the oddest choice especially for a large expensive kit. I personally like them but just can't see those selling well at all. We will probably never know how they decided on what subjects to cover - I guess I had always assumed since PJ funded so much of it he gave them a to-do list and maybe this was a favorite of his but who knows.....

9 hours ago, petrov27 said:

I guess I had always assumed since PJ funded so much of it he gave them a to-do list and maybe this was a favorite of his but who knows.....

It was all down to PJ - he funded it, he got to choose the subjects and he loves German two- and multi-seaters. Unfortunately that led the company down a path where expenditure was far outstripping income. Add in the desire for perfection - the Lanc was in develoment for the best part of a decade and still didn't get released! - and you end up where we are now.