Yak 3 Special Hobby 1/32

discus

Hello,

Here are some picts of a kit I completed some time ago (before lock down and all this mess)

It was a fun  built of a nice looking plane but this was mostly a test kit : I've always used Humbrol paints since the beginning. But since some time quality dropped below acceptable: they are not covering enough, pigments form a mash in the can... :angry2:

So I moved to Xtracolors (still a stinky enamel unfortunalty but since I used brushes, it is difficult to find a good acrylic)

Although I read a lot on forums about the drying time necessary for these paints, I learnt it the hard way when applying the second layer, I saw the firt layer peeling off.. :help:

That's why I wanted to have a test kit for these paints before using them on the KH Mirage 2000 because mistakes on this one was not an option :fight:

I think I am seduced by the xtracolors and I used them succesfully on the Mirage 2000 (you just need to be patient between two coats.

I still would like very much to find an acrylic that I can properly use with brushes.

Back on the kit itsel, it is oob with decals a mix from the box and a Berna sheet for the Normandie-Niemen Squadron (French Aces in Russian Air Force)

IMG-2731.jpg

IMG-2732.jpg

IMG-2735.jpg

IMG-2736.jpg

Edited by discus

31 minutes ago, skiner said:

Bien vu le Yak de Delphino qu as tu utilsé comme peinture?

Well done Delphino's Yak.... what's kind of  paint did you used?

From memory but I am not 100% sure Xtracolor X136 & x131 for the greys and the underside is a mix of white and blue x302 (KLM blue)