It's way too flat..... need suggestion

Ok, before I do another stupid move and scrap all the effort I did put in this one, I need some advise.

Did used Mig Lucky Ultra-matt varnish over Model Master paint, very nice product but, the result is way too mat, almost like a tank.....
How should I proceed to get a more ''satin'' finish..? should I spray a glossy clear coat first and then the satin finish.?

or can I spray direct on that flat surface the Lucky satin  coat varnish.....?

o9Shpk1l.jpg

Your suggestion are most welcome...

Dan.

Edited by Daniel Leduc

Using Humbrol enamel based clears, I typically mixed satin and matte together in about a mix of 60-70% satin, 30-40% matte to get the sheen I wanted. Of course, every brand is different, so you have to experiment a bit and spray on a paint mule to be sure. 

• 2 weeks later...

There are also felt pads sold for the purpose of rubbing on paint and plastic to smooth it.  They're like the felt polishing wheels for your Dremel.  I had the same problem with a Tomcat lately, although I used the Gunze Super Smooth flat (lacquer).  It is quite smooth, but too flat.  The felt pads produced a slight sheen although it is not quite as shiny as I would like.

Jens

Natural Wool is great in a pad  I got one at the UK Nats years ago I'm not sure if I bought it or it was a sample I think it was Italian origin, only washed not bleached or treated in any way pure wool of some type of mountain sheep.

After sanding or glossing a quick rub just gives  a bit of a sheen on. 

I know the tee shirt works but try an old wool jersey I use that when I can't find the pad .

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for all your's suggestion....

Had time to practice a fiew of them on spare scrap, finally end-up shooting TS-80 directly over it...

pUYuizWl.jpg

and planning to buff it with an old T-shirt or a piece of wool...

It's kind of hard to see the difference on this shot with my cell phone, but trust me, I'm way happyer with THAT result......:beer:

Now I'm happy and very close to finnishing this one.

Thanks again everyone.

Dan.