1/32nd Malcolm Hood

bfwaechter

Does anyone know of a company or individual that produces a 1/32nd P-51 malcolm hood?  The one in the Trumpeter 1/32nd P-51B kit is slab sided and not close to it's true shape.  Thanks very much.

Boyd Waechter

bfwaechter@aol.com

IPMS #1282

I got an e-mail back from Mike West along with a photo of the malcolm hood he produces.  The answer was pretty vague and with no price, but the photos shows he includes a resin plug that you can cut against when removing the excess clear plastic, along with a set of resin canopy rails to mount on the cockpit sill.   I ask about ordering one in my original e-mail, but got no answer on that.  I will assume it is still in his catalog and available, but cannot be ordered until he decides to reopen his web site in the future.  Sorry, but that's all I know.

He also sent me some info and drawings of his new 1/32nd OH-6 and AH-1G Cobra decal sheets.  These are really nice and you get 6 to 8 choices of aircraft on each sheet.  Appears to be really well done.  He is also working on a new interior set for the OH-6.  He already has an AH-1G cockpit set available, but again, you can't order it until he decides to reopen his web site.

Boyd

As I have told Boyd, I made contact with Grey Matters they do not have the P-51B canopy that Jerry did.

So if there is enough interest I will have a look and see what I can come up with, but it will not be an overnight fix, but let me know your thoughts and or any other areas that maybe useful to have addressed on this P-51B kit......as most or any other options look still to be a fair way down the line.
cheers Ali

3 hours ago, Ali62 said:

I shall wave my magic wand tonight and by the end of next week you shall have one parcel on your front doorstep containing a BRAND new P-51B kit, perfect in every sense of the word, and the very best kit ever produced, baring none....... 

Excellent - I bet it will be hot seller mark my words!

3 hours ago, D Bellis said:

Already announced from Zoukei Mura, and supposedly "next" but not "soon".

D

Yep, also I think announced years back by HK Model at one point? I live in hope one really actually comes to production in my lifetime but we shall see!

Edited by petrov27