Thanks for stopping by and having a look

I've got some color on it as of yesterday and gloss varnish on today, the top blue is Vallejo "French Blue" the bottom is Vallejo Surface Primer and the white is Tamiya. The masks were supplied in the decal set. All colors are flat coats, buffed then gloss coated. Here's the before and after;

D5BlLaF.jpg

cTa5Wm5.jpg

FDcUmNi.jpg

YcLMfSP.jpg

allow a little drying time, maybe another gloss coat then those cool decals

Thanks for looking

Thanks Dog!

Calling it done. I dropped the ball near the finish line and buggered up a couple of the decals (entirely my fault) I also didn't realize there was an antenna (a kind of flat disc) behind the canopy I made a (crude) version of it by stacking white decal disc cut outs each smaller than the one below but the decal slipped later during handling and caused grief, paint damage etc... (again, my fault) 

In any case, here's the finished product.

3z33CSp.jpg

hfZIp4r.jpg

bbCxPAZ.jpg

• chrish changed the title to CF 188 60 years of NORAD Completed

Thanks!

I sent some pictures (along with my damages) to Dave at Leading Edge Models just to show him the finished model, he immediately offered to supply the decals I had messed up(I told him it was my fault)...that’s some great customer service right there!

What a beautiful result Chris!

You’re going to have to take a photo with this one and your other flight demo Hornet together. What a colourful display that would be.

I also have to go on record to say you can’t complete a model in only two pages of a WIP thread. I’m afraid you’re going to have to partially disassemble your model to take more “in progress” photos and spread it over at least two more pages! :evil_laugh:

Cheers,

Wolf