After sweeping the Kinetic F-86 off the bench in defeat I thought I'd try another F-18...anyone can build one of these so maybe I'll get through this one.

This will be 60 years of NORAD CF 188...F/A 18 A to everybody else

The LEM's decals package is like a book.

XbggRVH.jpg

the Dmold resin is significantly larger ID than the Academy parts, nice improvement.

PDWa8eM.jpg

the "Black Box" office, still a nice set years later.

Nhwunog.jpg

The Canadian seat on the right

iJ1UoSx.jpg

wish me luck

Thanks for looking

7 hours ago, chrish said:

Thanks a lot, compared to many guys here I'm like a kid who just learned to color inside the lines!

I disagree, you are doing a really nice and fairly advanced job!  :clap2:

And because you are doing so well, I just have to chime in because it's still very fixable.  That long seam line on either side of the rear nose gear strut (and oleo) just has to go.  Use some small sanding sticks and bits of small sandpaper, then mask off and re-paint the white.  You won't regret the back step and "re-do", because the rest of the nose gear looks fantastic and you don't want a seam line ruining the clean look.  Having said that, it's your model, so do what you want.  :whistle:

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

33 minutes ago, chuck540z3 said:

I disagree, you are doing a really nice and fairly advanced job!  :clap2:

And because you are doing so well, I just have to chime in because it's still very fixable.  That long seam line on either side of the rear nose gear strut (and oleo) just has to go.  Use some small sanding sticks and bits of small sandpaper, then mask off and re-paint the white.  You won't regret the back step and "re-do", because the rest of the nose gear looks fantastic and you don't want a seam line ruining the clean look.  Having said that, it's your model, so do what you want.  :whistle:

Cheers,

Chuck

Holy cow! I completely missed that! Thanks, I'll tend to that

Thank you very much!

puttering away the last couple of days as the wind is nuts here so no yard work and still in lock-down from work.

some miscellaneous details added to the gear bay APU exhaust and screens over the vents (model railroad fence) the gadgetry between the gear bays has a mesh over it in my Daco book and I found RB Productions "radiator screen" a perfect match. The gadgetry  has been painted washed and covered with the mesh.

The fuselage showed sink marks on both sides, filled and sanded here

oHd3DB9.jpg

the gear bays with some detail added and exhaust pipe (brass tube) installed

s9GKBLt.jpg

nyZ5h8n.jpg

IRO2bGw.jpg

Hopefully some pics up tonight

Thanks for looking