Tamiya 1/32 P-51D/K, Spitfire Mk. VIII, and Spit Mk XVIe on Sale - $99 US

Juggernut

15 hours ago, Model_Monkey said:

Here's hoping for a $99 Corsair.

Has me wonder, how frequent are these sales? Have I missed out all this time, or is this a first?

If so, anything to do with the new release of the F-51?

As you could guess, I could ALWAYS use a sale on any of the Phantoms!  :frantic:

I’ve been watching for a long time.  They had the first P-51 kit on sale for the longest time.  Now it’s sold out.  I have been waiting for the D/K to go on sale for almost three years.  Tamiya takes their time.  I can’t remember if I signed myself up for their notifications or if I was automatically enrolled because I bought the first mustang kit when it was on sale.  Either way, they’ll send you an email if something goes on sale.  

I can’t say the Corsair kits will ever go on sale but I can’t say they won’t either.  I’d be up for another -1A. or -1D if they went on sale.  All that’s required is the wait.  Kind of like fishing...wait and hope.

Thanks for the heads-up, I bought a Spitfire.  For the P-51 kit, can that be used for an ETO P-51D?  Looking at the instructions it seems the main difference between the kits is that the P-51D kit has a choice of two seats.

4 minutes ago, ninjrk said:

Thanks for the heads-up, I bought a Spitfire.  For the P-51 kit, can that be used for an ETO P-51D?  Looking at the instructions it seems the main difference between the kits is that the P-51D kit has a choice of two seats.

Aside from the extras added in the D/K kit, the main difference from the original D boxing is that you no longer get the filletless tail parts, so you can’t build an early P-51D.

Doh. Despite the fact that I'm selling my house and building a new one ( wont be done until the end of the year) I couldn't resist and ordered a Spitfire MK XVI. All my hobby stuff is packed up and gathering dust but by golly I'm going to get another one for the stash. It's a sickness I tell you........:)

Edited by rjones726