Any jetmads kit reviews ???

tigger

I'm highly suspicious about the follow on, online about this company, either it being facebook or twitter or what have you, seeing these "magnificent" representations don't convince me, not even the real time delivery of the skyrocket, but going into specifics would be going right out of what is forbidden............my own ideas on the producer in a country with downright restrictions........i hope i'm being corrected in due time.......

but before my message is being banned, ........disregard all after goodmorning.......

Edited by Jack

54 minutes ago, alaninaustria said:

Are these kits ALL 3d-printed, or are they first 3d-printed, then cast in resin for production? I’m not clear on that...

Cheers

Alan

The photos of the received Skyrocket kit over at BM seem to show that the big parts like the fuselage, wings, tail, etc. are resin and small detail parts are  3D printed.

49 minutes ago, Jack said:

I'm highly suspicious about the follow on, online about this company, either it being facebook or twitter or what have you, seeing these "magnificent" representations don't convince me, not even the real time delivery of the skyrocket, but going into specifics would be going right out of what is forbidden............my own ideas on the producer in a country with downright restrictions........i hope i'm being corrected in due time.......

but before my message is being banned, ........disregard all after goodmorning.......

Why would your post be banned?  You’re entitled to your opinion, and if you think this is some type of scam and choose not to get a kit, that’s completely your choice.  If others want to buy into it, that’s our choice.

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

The photos of the received Skyrocket kit over at BM seem to show that the big parts like the fuselage, wings, tail, etc. are resin and small detail parts are  3D printed.

I believe that is correct

2 hours ago, Jack said:

If you pay via PayPal or Credit card you should be scam proof. The only concern then would be the product spec not meeting expectations.

But the Skyrocket kit shown shows what they're capable of, and their packaging suggests great care is taken to ship it safely.

I'm certainly not going to worry until given good reason to, and vague suspicions on the internet aren't good reason.

1 hour ago, Chek said:

But the Skyrocket kit shown shows what they're capable of, and their packaging suggests great care is taken to ship it safely.

To avoid confusion, presumably this comment and the ones preceding mean "Skystreak," not "Skyrocket." The one kit they have released is the Skystreak. The Skyrocket was advertised to be next before it got bumped by the Viggen.

I have a skystreak at the house.  Only problem is that I won't be back there until late this month.  Everything I have seen though online shows it is a good kit and Mike had mentioned that he was impressed with the kit.  If no one does a review by the time I get home, I will do one. 

Edited by nichenson
spelling

I'm currently building the model, it's very nice but you have to be very carefull with the landing gear as the material is very brittle and mine broke in to many parts.

The aft section diameter was larger than the middle section so I had to cut 1mm off and now I have to re-scribe it.

For a starting company it is a very nice model.

QQKqcU.jpg

That fuselage looks like it's been 3D sintered using SLS which from my experience of making Architectural models is god awful to work with, It's basically a nylon powder which is fused together with heat and has the texture of a sugar cube. It doesn't look too bad to the naked eye in it's white natural state but once a colour is added then the texture stands out like a sore thumb. 

If I could get away with using techniques like that I would have done it.

Graham

Edited by GrahamF