Sign in to follow this  
Oldbaldguy

My Carpet Monster and Me

Has anyone yet theorized that this same "carpet/flooring monster" could also be related to the one that steals one sock from the clothes dryer?

9 minutes ago, lawman56 said:

Has anyone yet theorized that this same "carpet/flooring monster" could also be related to the one that steals one sock from the clothes dryer?

Yes - you just did

Richard

A friend of mine once said, after I dropped a tool in an engine compartment that banged and clanged around and then disappeared forever in the engine bay (not inside the engine) “That’s Murphy’s law.” So I looked it up in the service manual...he had misquoted Murphy which did in fact state “Any tool dropped will roll or bounce to the exact geometric centre of the bottom of the car”

Following that thinking any part dropped is either exactly entered under the builders chair (thereby being crushed when moving the chair back to find it) or under the exact geometric center of the work bench.

its just a theory...but the wormhole to the Nth dimension is also located at the exact geometric Center of the bottom of the workbench!

12 minutes ago, chrish said:

A friend of mine once said, after I dropped a tool in an engine compartment that banged and clanged around and then disappeared forever in the engine bay (not inside the engine) “That’s Murphy’s law.” So I looked it up in the service manual...he had misquoted Murphy which did in fact state “Any tool dropped will roll or bounce to the exact geometric centre of the bottom of the car”

How odd, I'm always relatively happy when a toll falls down and bounces on the floor. It's the ones that don't reach the ground that are really annoying :frantic:

23 minutes ago, RLWP said:

How odd, I'm always relatively happy when a toll falls down and bounces on the floor. It's the ones that don't reach the ground that are really annoying :frantic:

Agreed

14 hours ago, RLWP said:

It's the ones that don't reach the ground that are really annoying .

That's the one that turns up later in my slipper.

One word:  Dyson.  After searching the usual way without success, I vacuum the monster with an empty filter compartment.  After a few sweeps, voila, missing part, which has been successful about 90% of the time.  The other 10%?  :BANGHEAD2:

Cheers,

Chuck