Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Oldbaldguy

My Carpet Monster and Me

Recommended Posts

Has anyone yet theorized that this same "carpet/flooring monster" could also be related to the one that steals one sock from the clothes dryer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lawman56 said:

Has anyone yet theorized that this same "carpet/flooring monster" could also be related to the one that steals one sock from the clothes dryer?

 

Yes - you just did

 

Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine once said, after I dropped a tool in an engine compartment that banged and clanged around and then disappeared forever in the engine bay (not inside the engine) “That’s Murphy’s law.” So I looked it up in the service manual...he had misquoted Murphy which did in fact state “Any tool dropped will roll or bounce to the exact geometric centre of the bottom of the car”

Following that thinking any part dropped is either exactly entered under the builders chair (thereby being crushed when moving the chair back to find it) or under the exact geometric center of the work bench.

its just a theory...but the wormhole to the Nth dimension is also located at the exact geometric Center of the bottom of the workbench!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chrish said:

A friend of mine once said, after I dropped a tool in an engine compartment that banged and clanged around and then disappeared forever in the engine bay (not inside the engine) “That’s Murphy’s law.” So I looked it up in the service manual...he had misquoted Murphy which did in fact state “Any tool dropped will roll or bounce to the exact geometric centre of the bottom of the car”

 

 

How odd, I'm always relatively happy when a toll falls down and bounces on the floor. It's the ones that don't reach the ground that are really annoying :frantic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RLWP said:

 

How odd, I'm always relatively happy when a toll falls down and bounces on the floor. It's the ones that don't reach the ground that are really annoying :frantic:

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RLWP said:

 

     It's the ones that don't reach the ground that are really annoying .

 

That's the one that turns up later in my slipper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One word:  Dyson.  After searching the usual way without success, I vacuum the monster with an empty filter compartment.  After a few sweeps, voila, missing part, which has been successful about 90% of the time.  The other 10%?  :BANGHEAD2:

 

Cheers,

Chuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...