pre order viggen is a go

mark31

9 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I know its a SK37, but there here is some pretty cool motivation to get you amped up.............

Thank you for that - takes me back to Farnborough in the 1980's. What I loved about the Viggen was it just didn't seem to care about air resistance or gravity, it just powered it's way right on through. 

Richard

4 hours ago, Christoffer Lindelav said:

My pre-order is now confirmed as well. Exciting to hear that other versions might follow...

/Stoffe

If there's going to be an AJ-37 or AJS-37 that would free up the JA-37 to be in the grey scheme with the giant day-glo numbers.

I'm pretty sure by the time I get to that stage, JetMADS plans will be clearer.

The only thing I'm  concerned with are the intakes as illustrated in the digital rendering, though I accept that may be a simplified 3-D model

For fixed intakes, they're not that simple.

Saab-Viggen-Intake.jpg

JA_37_Viggen_air_intake.jpg

Edited by Chek

Have a look over on the Brutmodeller Rumourmonger forum , for a review of thr D558 , 

D558 pics

It looks excellent , 

And I've got my confirmation e-mail as well!! 

AS for  the Viggien itself , I saw it a couple of times at Leuchers, and it alwasy reminded me of a European F-4, the same mixof brutality , thrust , and a downright disregard of  aerodynamics!

53 minutes ago, Scotsman said:

AS for  the Viggen itself , I saw it a couple of times at Leuchers, and it always reminded me of a European F-4, the same mix of brutality , thrust , and a downright disregard of  aerodynamics!

Funny you should say that, as the F4H-1 - or F-4A - (BuNo.145310) Sageburner Phantom that was being restored to flying condition, but was then put up for sale at about the 95% complete stage, had a completely anachronistic late model one piece windshield fitted to it early in the process, pending a better option making itself available. I commented at the time that with the early small diameter radar nose it looks surprisingly like a Viggen in that guise..

49976945296_8c389ceb10_b.jpg

Edited by Chek

That's certainly a credible comparison!

Especially the aerodynamics part. They both seem to have a raw power thing, and a penchant for having flying surfaces in places and at angles contrary to what aerodynamics say they should be.

As to the kit quality, I have to say I dont recall ever seen such a "high end feel" to a resin kit before.

The panel lines and rivets look IM impressive, and the pour blocks and foam packaging puts most IM kits and all resin kits to shame.

I honestly havnt seen that type of resin mold quality since I last opened one of my FM&P kits.

4 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I just added a second kit to my reservation, so there are still some left.

I would in a flash until I read that other versions are in the pipeline.

An attack version in the fields and meadows (not 'splinter') scheme and 2 x Rb04 will complement a two grays JA-37 fighter version nicely without having to modify.