pre order viggen is a go

mark31

3 hours ago, Tnarg said:

...Maybe they can be persuaded to do Drakens so we could have Austrian and Danish flags as well?

Tnarg

I'd preorder both those two Drakens. Have a lot of love for the J.35 and it amazes me there's no 1/32 kit of the subject. 

If JetMADS is allied to Baris Tansoy's Tan Model I hope these sales help push the Su-33 Sea Flanker one step closer to reality. 

Tony 

1 hour ago, Lietsalmi said:

And Finnish... :speak_cool:

'A few' years ago it was an earth shattering experience to see, hear and feel when a Finnish Air Force Draken took off from an airport in Northern Finland. It was like a space rocket and it even looked like one. At that time there were no noise limitations and when the afterburner lit on right in the beginning of the take off run, you really felt it. And a few seconds later it was that beautiful double delta shape that you saw against the blue sky. Those were the days...

You remind me of a similar memory! I was in an airliner waiting to take off. Turns out the wait was due to a pair of F-15's taxiing next to us ( the ANG unit shares the runways). I don't know if they got an alert or not, since they patrol the coastline to the west, but they rotated just after they passed my airliner, and they just went vertical! That was C..O..O..O..L!!!

50 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Hard to say.  I would guess no more than around 50, and that would be 10% of the total run.

Probably around or even less than I had guessed. 

Still though, even 10% of an entire kit run potentially purchased by a tiny (comparatively) niche segment of the market.

Admittedly, we (older more experienced modelers with enough disposable income to afford such high end large, expensive models who are after specific air frames) are likely their target type buyer.

9 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Probably around or even less than I had guessed. 

Still though, even 10% of an entire kit run potentially purchased by a tiny (comparatively) niche segment of the market.

Admittedly, we (older more experienced modelers with enough disposable income to afford such high end large, expensive models who are after specific air frames) are likely their target type buyer.

Well you just did sell a car :whistle: Brian.

The kit won't cost anymore than a Tamiya Mossie which runs for around $300 Canadian here anyway.

Don