pre order viggen is a go

mark31

1 minute ago, Kagemusha said:

I used to dream, well not really, of doing a 1/32 Viggen in the splinter scheme, but I much prefer the grey, to me it shows of the architecture in fine style. Each to their own and all that.

I imagine they will have quite a few emails to answer, not to mention they might not start replying til office hours on Monday...

i have a chat wit them on messenger and te said to me the recievd my email

te will send soon confirmation so likly it will be monday

And yes i tink the mailbox will be exploding over there

Mark

I built the Airfix 1/72 prototype for my son when he was little, and was impressed with how well it looked in natural metal.

Very similar to the photo of 37098 above, except for the latter's fat spine.

The JA Viggen has lots of options. The splinter camouflage is the mountain I need to climb, "Because it is there". I can do another one in Blue Peter, just because I like the Swedish flag colors. Maybe they can be persuaded to do Drakens so we could have Austrian and Danish flags as well?

Tnarg

4 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Just got my confirmation email!

Hello,

We are pleased meeting you, thank you for your interest in our brand and
products. Please be informed that we hereby confirm your reservation for one
copy of our upcoming JA37 Viggen kit.

Kind Regards,
JETMADS Team

me to :m0152:

There's a Youtube channel, Grim Reapers, that has flight sim campaigns and among their fleet they have Viggens.

Gotta say, some of the colours and textures and details on their aircraft are absolutely superb.

Especially like the matt finish they've given their Viggens.

2 hours ago, Tnarg said:

The JA Viggen has lots of options. The splinter camouflage is the mountain I need to climb, "Because it is there". I can do another one in Blue Peter, just because I like the Swedish flag colors. Maybe they can be persuaded to do Drakens so we could have Austrian and Danish flags as well?

Tnarg

And Finnish... :speak_cool:

'A few' years ago it was an earth shattering experience to see, hear and feel when a Finnish Air Force Draken took off from an airport in Northern Finland. It was like a space rocket and it even looked like one. At that time there were no noise limitations and when the afterburner lit on right in the beginning of the take off run, you really felt it. And a few seconds later it was that beautiful double delta shape that you saw against the blue sky. Those were the days...

Which makes me wonder how on earth the Finnish Air Force had at that time a strange mix of jets: Draken's from Sweden, MiG-21's from the Soviet Union, Hawks from the UK, etc. From that mix I already have 1/32 Hawk and MiG-21. Only Draken is missing.

Edited by Lietsalmi

I've always considered the F-104, the Mirage III, the MiG-21 and the Draken to be the premier supersonic 2nd gen classics.

I suppose I'd need to include the Lightning as well, just so we Brits get a look in, but as it's a twin jet it kinda spoils the theme.

A supersonic Hunter would be ideal, but .... meh. Who needs themes anyway.