The antique BoB Revell Spitfire Mk.I

9 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

This is all just so grande.

'I do not know any aftermarket canopy for the Spitfire'

HpH makes one for the Hobby Boss Mk. V.  I don't know how applicable it would be here, though.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hmmm, true as I even have at least one of them...! <_< Thanks for the reminder! However this is the bulged one that appeared later (out of my memory during the Mk. II production) 

Hi again,

As I already mentioned, I'm currently ending the last internal details.

This picture is showing the oxygen hose with the supports added. I initially considered putting them on the fuselage wall but they were so tiny that this would have been more complicated in the end as I would have to add the hose within the supports after painting.

9Tk9h5J.jpg

And here it is dryfitted on the cockpit side:

lTh5kXx.jpg

I added the small photoetched panel and the lever. By the way that one needed to be shortened to be correctly positioned:

oK3AmxV.jpg

Here I added the lever managing the landing gear. The knob was built out of two microtube sections, thin rods and CA glue.

CVsmx7G.jpg

And finally the throttle handle (in sand color):

RoDvNsU.jpg

The gunsight still needs to be done. This will be a combination of the shortened Barracuda part with the photoetched and film elements from the Aires set. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to do it.

Moreover, I must still do a final check of the internal components to be sure I did not forget anything before painting.

Cheers

Thierry

Mirrors...  On the Eduard Spitfires I have built (1:48), I have punched a disc of Bare Metal foil and applied to the mirror face, and then polished it using very fine polishing sticks.  It comes out looking quite bright.

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Hi gents, 

Sorry for the lack of updates but I'm sick at home. I got that from my son who did a Covid test on Monday but is still waiting for the results. No way to touch an airbrush before some time, alas... 

Stay healhty.Modelling is just a hobby.

Edited by Erwin

Thanks Erwin. I stayed at home the whole week, waiting for the results. At last, we finally got them today and have the confirmation of my feeling: this is 'just' a kind of seasonal flu. It looks going out of that is a matter of less than a week. This is just annoying. I have the feeling my head was used as a punching ball!

17 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Thanks Erwin. I stayed at home the whole week, waiting for the results. At last, we finally got them today and have the confirmation of my feeling: this is 'just' a kind of seasonal flu. It looks going out of that is a matter of less than a week. This is just annoying. I have the feeling my head was used as a punching ball!

Scary nonetheless Thierry!  Hope you're feeling fully fit and well again soon.

Hope you're feeling better Thierry, or at least improving daily.

Regarding mirrors, before going off and buying sheets of mylar or bags of sequins, the foil packs used to package potato crisps (or chips depending on what they're called in your country) have a silvered finish on the interior which works well.