Trumpeters Best?

Mark P

Like all kits, they have their problems. Even Tamiya's Mosquito doesn't have any rockets!! 

There are plenty of build reports on all of their kits, loads on this site, so you can easily find out what the issues are with any particular kit. The problem with Trumpeter is they are so variable, some are really pretty good, Swordfish (although there is a lot to sort out still...) right through to that dreadful BAC Lightning. 

13 hours ago, Mark P said:

We all take Trumpeter to task for some of their epic fails. But, they have done some good stuff. What do you consider their best 32nd and 24th scale kits to be? :hmmm:

Chime in...

Mark Proulx

Yeah, they did a pretty good job of copying the 1/48 scale Swordfish from Tamiya.  Giving the devil his due, at least they did a good copy job.

The BossyHobb Sturmovik and Thunderjet are great looking. 

The Trumpeter Lightnings, Thunderchiefs, Floggers, Frogfoots, Super Sabres, Corsair IIs, Intruders, Flankers, Farmers, Fishbeds, Thunderbolts and other jets have their inaccuracies but are light years ahead of any competition, and that's what I like about Trumpeter — they do lots of stuff in 1/32 nobody else ever will.

Best jet kits IMHO have to be the new MiG-29 Fulcrums and the A-6A Intruder. 

Tony 

12 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

All excellent IMHO. Especially the big Hurrie. 

- I might also add the SU-30 to that list, although some say its not overly accurate, but to me it was a huge, big fun model to build, and it won me a every contest I entered it in, including the US NATs back in 2017.

- I have also heard good things about their A-6, and some good things about their new Mig-29UB, which I have in the stash and looks excellent in box.

Was that you that had the SU-30MMK that was in the yellow primer in Omaha?  I took tons of photos of it.  It looked great!!  I ended up buying one at the Nationals since it looked so good.

Greg

12 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

The King appeals to me, but after the Jagdtiger, I'll be done with big armor for a while, I think.

I just pulled out the 1:16 Tiger II the other day, along with all the aftermarket stuff I have for it (Aber, Archer Fine Transfers, etc.).  A lot of the things that are plaguing your Jadgtiger I fear will also plague the Tiger II but we shall see.  The creative juices are beginning to flow and I'm itching to get this Ta152H-0 off my desk and bring on either the Tiger II, Panther G or the Jagdtiger.  Whether I follow through or change direction on what to  build has yet to be determined but I am looking forward to that big Tiger II.  I've got David Parkers book on it and while I am NOT going to delve into it to the level he did,  I am definitely going to be doing some work to enhance/correct it.

Edited by Juggernut

4 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

What about the P-47N?   I have it in the stash but I’ve seen some awesome builds on LSP

I built the Razorback - if I did another I'd leave out all that internal plumbing - but basically thought the build was pretty straight forward.......