Dora Wings Dewoitine D500

DrDave

All finished. A quick and very pleasant build. I had no references at all apart from some google pictures.

Very reminiscent of a good quality special hobby kit. These are the kit decals. Alclad airframe aluminium is the main finish.

I will definitely do another. Some after market would really improve it. I used a WNW wooden prop as the kit prop and spinner are awful. That's not strictly right for a 500, just a 501. I used a spare ring site and copper pipe for the exhaust. The radiator bath is PE separate slats  and was a bit of a pain. A resin nose cone and radiator bath and some cockpit extra details such as throttle quadrant would add a lot. There's no Pitot in the kit either.

Well done to Dorawings on a lovely first foray into 1/32

P1050058b.jpg

P1050059b.jpg

P1050060b.jpg

P1050061b.jpg

P1050062b.jpg

P1050063b.jpg

P1050065b.jpg

P1050066b.jpg

P1050068b.jpg

P1050069b.jpg

Now there's a different looking plane, kind of attractive/ugly.  Well done Dora Wings as you say Dave for doing such an unusual subject, let's hope they sell loads.  You've made an excellent job of the build and finish as usual. :clap2:

:clap2:

What a fantastic, fast build, DrDave!

The gaunt, insect-like lines and the shroud of mystery which seems to engulf this aircraft make it an ideal candidate for a what-if project. B)

Cheers,

Quang