panzerrob

Shipping from the US to Europe (or vice versa)

I don't think you have too much to worry about. Just a little patience. In comparison my two books from Belgium has been in the post since March 2019 and my Mouse House 1/25 Centurion engine deck has been in the post since 2015. Somehow I don't think I will ever see them.

Not waiting long for packages at all.  I'm just being denied the purchase.

Sincerely,

Mark

I’ve ordered parts from Sprue Brothers 6 weeks ago, they were packed and shipped ( left the store) within 2 days, and have been at the international carriers facility for 6 weeks! But now the tracking system states it has left so hopefully I’ll get the package within a week. 

Oh, now here's something close to my heart - shipping anything ANYWHERE!

YES, deliveries both inside the US and International is simply a crap shoot, and this Covid thing is only making it worse. Every day we get emails from customers who haven't received their orders a month or more after ordering. So we just re-ship it (we're self insured) and somehow it gets there.

We've even had parcels mailed to addresses as close as 300 miles away get "lost". I swear there must be a USPS warehouse somewhere full of Archer stuff. I wouldn't doubt the USPS has an Ebay account where they sell the stuff they "lose".

Then, since we can ship some things in a #10 envelope we pay $4 to ship a 50¢ envelope just to get tracking. But since some postmasters have a huge stick up their butts we occasionally get them returned with a nasty note that "envelopes don't qualify as parcels" and that we need to re-ship it via Priority Mail. Hey Mr. PO Nazi, let me buy tracking for envelopes! Nah, they'd rather cry about how much money they lose.

Then there's "tracking" that is pages long with parcels bouncing all over from state to state and back again, only to repeat the journey and then go missing..... probably because the mailing label is worn off.

Then there's tracking that ends once (or if) the parcel leaves the US and we have to GO TO THE POST OFFICE to have it tracked only to find out they have some magic tracking that they don't share with the peasants who PAY for tracking they can't access.

There are days I actually consider closing shop rather than deal with shipping. 

Posted (edited)

Shipping now a complete cluster f##k..:mental:. Even worse than before...And the prices? Don't get me going...:BANGHEAD2:

In the past, items from the US to Canada averaged 10 days. 3 days longer than items from Europe. Go figure! I am almost certain the US closer to Canada than Europe is! I probably should go look at my flat earth atlas :D. The recent F4U book I got out of the US, 45 days...Mail from Europe (letters, not packages) in excess of one month, if received at all. All mostly COVID related now I assume. After all, you can't put mail on a plane that isn't flying transatlantic now (at least in a diminished capacity). 

Perhaps COVID revealing that globalization not the answer in a pandemic.

Mark Proulx

Edited by Mark P

Been waiting for a package form Hannants  it was dispatched on May 2, June 8th still waiting, the post guy said that it could take a month and a half, used to take a week. Oh well just have to wait I have not had anything go missing form Hannants ever.

Denis