panzerrob

Shipping from the US to Europe (or vice versa)

Hi guys,

Since March 17th I am waiting for some Tamiya parts, bought from Ebay.

The package sits idle since March 24th in a USPS facility in Chicago.

Of course I am aware that since the Covid virus the postal situation in the world is f#cked up.

Any other people waiting so long for their packages?

I am starting to get worried now.

Thanks,

Rob

Yes, ordered a decal sheet in Australia in March. Also not arrived yet.

Posted (edited)

I sent parts to Canada from the UK on the 6th April. They only arrived a couple of days ago. I’d  say give it at least a month or so to deliver. 
That said, something sat idle since March may well have gone missing in the sorting hub it’s last scanned at. 

Edited by Stokey Pete

I’ve had some paint masks arrive from the USA yesterday. Quite frankly it had taken that long for them to arrive I had forgotten I had ordered them and had sold the kit I intended to use them on. I had also ordered some parts for the Academy Viper from EBay US and they arrived well packed and safe but took about 3 weeks longer than normal from past experience. I am finding that if I am willing to pay for FedEx or DHL shipping, couriers who own their own air fleets then things arrive in about standard normal time regardless of where I buy from. However if I go for tpregular shipping that relies on normal passenger flights which have been severely curtailed then you can be waiting a while for your stuff to find a vacant bit of freight space on what is actually flying at the moment. Even the slow boat from China is a little slower at the moment. But PayPal is your friend in these things. If you paid via that, and chances are you did then you will be safe if the item doesn’t arrive. 

Transit times are really borked everywhere at the moment.

When I ordered my Tempests direct from SH in the Czech Republic when they were first released, they were here in the UK in under 10 days using the cheapest shipping option.

SH have been running a sale for their members for the past month and their 1/48 Viggen was listed. It was a special scheme, but I have the Two Bobs sheet from many years ago, so I didn't mind that. So I ordered it on 10th. May and just got an email today to say their carrier will be picking it up today.

I'll expect it by the end of the month.

I had an order from the States do a tour of the Eastern Seaboard, sometimes visiting the same place twice, before settling down in San Francisco for a month, then in a couple of days it had crossed the pond to the Cold Dark North. You just have to be patient. 

I have had a Narin large scale Predator figure sitting in Thailand customs since March 21st. No ETA as of yet as to when they are going to release them. Anything sent by a countries postal system to an overseas address is likely to be REALLY delayed. Commercial services like FedEx or DHL are seemingly business as usual.

I can tell you from experience that the post office system in Chicago is one of the worst in the US. I have a son who lives there and when we send even a birthday card it’s sent two weeks in advance so he gets it on time or it’s late. Some items sent were never received and lost forever in that system. Good luck.

Jim

Posted (edited)

Yes, I had one that came from the Netherlands that took two months to get to me here in the USA. It spent just over a month of that time sitting in Chicago. I have another one (also coming from the Netherlands) that has been sitting in Chicago since the end of April. 

I feel your pain! 

Edited by Daywalker

Not that I ever bought all that much from abroad anyway, but for the time being, I just don't buy at all from Europe , Asia, or really anywhere outside of the US. Even Amazon, normally very dependable, has delayed some of my stuff here for four or five weeks (a mistake on my part that I will not be repeating).

Posted (edited)

No, not waiting.  I received a shipment from Hannetts to the US in 8 days.  A figure from Japan in 6 days and two kits from China in 13 days (ironically enough from the town next to Wuhan).  All in the late April early May time frame...

The interesting thing was the kits from Asia were just wrapped in foam and tape.  No box!  First time I experienced that.

Edited by Bravo52
updated weekend days from Japan

I'm avoiding any overseas order since the damned COVID left China but I had two opened orders (from Australia and the US) and they took ages to arrive: at least three months whereas typically less than one month was the normal travel time. And yes my US order stayed stuck in Chicago for quite some time!

The situation is not going to change if the normal use of airliners does not re-start. We should not forget that a lot of our small parcels are not shipped in freighters but in the available cargo space in standard airliners! This means that is you are using that channel, you may  have to wait for a long time as most of the planes are still parked...

Even the intra-European orders are asking for quite more time (currently around the double of the normal time).

Well same old story over here too, ordered some Draw decals  in the States, paid for, got notice of being en route with USPS, and that was "ages" ago, untill now no joy, so i think i have to do some "covid" expectancy........

Posted (edited)

Good news mixed with worrisome.  Hannants just takes three weeks and is very consistent.  Ukraine is all over the map. Postage with tracking from EU to USA is $$$$$!  It is all

part of the game... I guess. Packages finally reaching the USA postal hubs sit for days. So far the items I order reach me eventually. 

Edited by Rick Griewski