LSP_K2

Waldron Sub-Miniature punches, where to get?

After a ridiculously long wait, I finally ordered a set of basic Waldron punches from Kitlinx, but they don't seem to sell the sub-miniature versions. Any idea where I could score some of those? Over the years, I've managed to somehow lose most of mine.

Thanks a bunch,

The Waldron set goes down to 0.018”.  The UMM set goes to 0.5 mm (0.020”).  Pretty close, but I prefer the thicker heads and short punch of the UMM set to the long and thin Waldron punches.  Plus, I’ve had my Waldron punches rust on me.

UMM set.

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?products_id=9062&osCsid=830774c8855ce39e544b238df97a7590

5 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

The Waldron set goes down to 0.018”.  The UMM set goes to 0.5 mm (0.020”).  Pretty close, but I prefer the thicker heads and short punch of the UMM set to the long and thin Waldron punches.  Plus, I’ve had my Waldron punches rust on me.

UMM set.

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?products_id=9062&osCsid=830774c8855ce39e544b238df97a7590

Thanks a bunch, Dave. I've ordered from them before with great success. Looks like I may need to start parting with some cash. Yea, the Waldron stuff will certainly rust if not cared for. Several of mine (of what I have left) are rusty now.

1 minute ago, LSP_Ray said:

Waldorn is now sold by Kitlinx: Waldron Stuff.

Yep, bought out Roll Models as I understand it. That's where I ordered the big set (punches only) from tonight.

Hi Kevin, I have both the Waldron and UMM sets and I don't think there is any difference in quality.  I bought the UMM set a few months ago and am very satisfied with it.  

Ernest

On 6/6/2020 at 9:54 PM, Fenous said:

Forget about Waldron, go RP Toolz, it`s worth every penny

This thread has just sorted out my birthday present!

Richard

Posted (edited)

I just received a RP Toolz punch and die set and I like it very much. Initially, I was going to order the Waldron sub miniature punch and die set which has ten sizes. The RP Toolz set that has comparable punch sizes, has sixteen so I went with that. I've owned a standard Waldron set for many years. The trick to making a punch and die set last, is always use a piece of the same thickness sheet plastic you are making a hole or disc with, on the opposite side of the die in order to keep the punch and its corresponding hole in alignment.

50017861478_6fe2a51777_k.jpg

50018651382_2cc53b1c44_k.jpg

Edited by GDW

20 hours ago, Mark_C said:

Thanks for the tip, GDW.  Makes perfect sense.

Indeed it does.

On 6/6/2020 at 3:54 PM, Fenous said:

Forget about Waldron, go RP Toolz, it`s worth every penny

I'll certainly look into those. For the most part, my "super detailing" days are over, but still there is the occasional need (1:6 Flak gun, for instance), that really benefits from some additional help.