Trumpeter 1/24th Bf-109G

crobinsonh

In fact my first German anything from a modelling perspective. I was dramatically reducing my stash when I came across the Trumpeter Bf--109G. I think I bought this in 2006 for the princely sum of £29.99. Over the years the box gathered dust but I did accumulate the Verlinden cockpit detail set and the Contact Resine wheels, spinner and prop blades along with Eduard placards set.

I am NO expert at all of Bf-109's so I am sure that I am about to commit many sins for which I will apologise now. if you see something then please let me know as this is all about education from my perspective.

I have started the Verlinden cockpit and as I will not be exposing the engine this has just been painted satin black. I apologise for the photos - all with my iPhone 8 and in the kitchen as the light box and Sony A9 is all packed away at present. I am looking to do create a well worn and heavily used 109 late in the war - I have not decided on markings yet.

Onto the first set of images - I have added extra details to the Verlinden set using the SAM publication and the Aeroguide as reference material. As well as the exquisite Bf-109 builds of many members on the site - in particular @Thunnus

FuTmIY.jpg

XgYOTj.jpg

ip6fJt.jpg

LslfaR.jpg

Za9h5o.jpg

Next stop HGW seat belts and finishing touches.

Edited by crobinsonh
duplicate

23 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Superb cockpit, Colin!

Kev

Thanks Kev - now it is all about the rest of the aircraft :-)

1 hour ago, clioguy said:

Is that IP from Verlinden as well? Looks really nice!

I should have mentioned that - the IP is from Yahu with some etch elements from the Eduard G-10 placards and a couple of pieces from the kit. 

This has in fact created an issue I did not foresee as the left and right sides will not fit as the IP was mounted on a piece from the kit and not the piece from the Verlinden set. This is now being "unglued" so that I can use the Verlinden part instead of the kit part. More photos to follow that hopefully explain my mad ramblings.

1 hour ago, Thunnus said:

Great work on the cockpit!  The 109G series covers a wide range of development... just curious as to what (a) what specific G kit you have and (b) what specific G model will be modeling.  G-2, G-6 or G-10?

It is the Trumpeter G-10 model - at this moment in time I am planning to build it a a G-10. The Verlinden set is for a G series model as is the Yahu IP.