F 86 Sabre....finished

chrish

This was just going to be a basic build until I looked at the pilots office space. I then bought the Aires resin set and now starting, I will cobble and bumble along as I go...not really being any kind of expert at 50's era jets. 

The box opened

jrvbjXG.jpg

I started dealing with ejector pin craters

gOpeSHR.jpg

had a "better" idea

cxhp8sJ.jpg

both brass and kit pipes have the same O.D.

cNuls8s.jpg

remember, I strive for mediocrity

thanks for looking 

Thanks!

Having bitten off much more than I can chew and being beaten by poor fit...that's not entirely true, two pieces of the kit fit perfectly, the top and bottom box halves. The plastic is something I've never really seen in a mainstream kit before, similar to Amodel plastic, waxy and very difficult to sand. Having gotten to the fuselage closing step, the top seam kept reappearing (filled with superglue) until I got fed up with it and poured thin superglue in to the bottom of the kit and poured in some accelerator in after it, after a small cloud of smoke...I'm calling it small, no smoke detectors went off. and re-fill the top seam from the outside, it finally stopped re-appearing. The same issue began with the nose cone fitting. My wife walked past the hobby room as I was using "garage talk" as my wife calls it (colorful metaphors) she asked me, "Isn't a hobby supposed to be fun and relaxing?"...well, I just sat stunned and looked at her....that made soooo much sense.

So, after all that, here's the last image I took of the F-86 project;

TR0qWxV.jpg

Thank you for looking

• 3 weeks later...

So after having the kit smudged by Tibetan Monks and getting my attitude straightened out a bit with the CF 188...I have decided to try revisiting the cursed Kinetic Kit. I first dealt with the splitting seams which (knock on wood) have, as yet not re-appeared. Then since I had a dozen sheets of foil that I had originally planned on using on a HK B-17 (which ultimately received Alclad and was the better for it) or building an aluminum canoe...I figure I'll stick it all over this kit and kill two birds with one stone.

The saga continues;

N0je3wI.jpg

zm4ZKF2.jpg

Thanks for looking

Edited by chrish
Typo