1/32 F-105

Rob Colvin

Our best hope is Ali at Aerocraft. 

My F-105G clear parts have a cold seam running through them and I've been looking out for replacements for sixteen years (kit started but suspended ages ago, and not out of lack of interest).

Aerocraft might also provide resin inserts to give the (in real life, very chunky) canopy frames a more realistic look, though G T Resin might still do those.

Tony 

Indeed. I have one set since it was released and knew a close friend was looking for one after the demise of CE. When I saw a second hand one sold for 35 euros as I was travelling through the tables of a modeling exhibition some years ago, I did not hesitate one second. The poor guy was exstatic as he had stopped trying to get one for years! Useless to say I never saw another one! 

Has anyone recently bought a new 1/32 F-105G?  Does the cold seam issue still plague the clear parts? 

I might try the Trumpeter spare parts service if they've improved.

Tony 

23 hours ago, Tony T said:

Has anyone recently bought a new 1/32 F-105G?  Does the cold seam issue still plague the clear parts? 

I might try the Trumpeter spare parts service if they've improved.

Tony 

There's a guy on Hyperscale (Hofnerbassman, I think) who offers to mould vac canopies for people.

I think it was as a replacement service for old yellowed acetate ones. Might be worth checking out.

The CE set didnt fix the canopy/windscreen and its poor shape it tried but it was still far from the correct shape in section.

The Omega shape completely missing effects the entire look of the front end and it flows into  spine making it lack curve.

I remember seeing a build maybe out of Japan with a scratch built canopy/windscreen and the difference it made to the finished kit was huge.

Love to see a new windscreen and canopy...

Edited by Darren Howie

I have already replied to two other requests for clear cast parts this morning. I am willing to help as long as you guys are willing to help me. I need reference for exactly what you are wanting and also I need the relevant kit parts on loans to make sure everything works out, I.e fuselage, canopies and any coaming or any other item that might fit within or foul within a new clear cast canopy.

please send me PM’s and we can take it from there.

Cheers Ali

Is this an issue with the F-105D too?... or is it just the F-105G? For that matter, are the windscreens the same on both? I’m hoping that Ali can make a corrected windscreen that will work for both a D and a G.

Bill M.

46 minutes ago, Chek said:

Is there a better fix for the pencil nose than strategically inserting a leg of sprue to impart more of an ogival nose shape?

Pretty sure there's a GT Resin fix for the nose.

Matt 

Well we will need to find out what is really needed and I need some help and feed back if there is need for work to be done on the D and the G. A friend nearby is going to loan me his kit but I am not sure if it is a D or a G. I need to see some parts in my hand to start seeing what questions I may need to ask you guys.

will so how this develops as time goes by.

cheers Ali