Two LSP’s I’ve always wanted to build.

Aviacom

Hi,

Ive always wanted to make the two LSP’s below, does anyone know where I could get them please, conversions, etc?

Royal Navy AEW 1 Skyraider

CAC Boomerang 

I already have a 1/32 Trumpeter AD-4 Skyraider so could use that for the AEW Royal Navy Conversion?

Boomerang, I have no clue if one has ever been made?

Thanks in advance.

Hi!

Alley Cat made this kit of the Boomerang, but it´s OOP since long.

49956338116_2f04c1b768_c.jpg

I don´t know of any AEW Skyraider in 1/32, maybe Matchbox?

Both Zoukei-Mura and Trumpeter have Skyraiders but not that version, can´t help you with any conversion either.

Cheers!

Stefan

Edited by Phantom2

The Alley Cat kit has its origins with Montex, if I remember correctly. I also have the FM vac kit, but haven't started either. I probably should, before someone surprise-releases an injection-moulded kit!

Here's a list of LSP Boomerang kits in our Kit Database:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/kitdb/list.php?act=search&plane=boomerang

Kev

Fisher released a US Navy AEW conversion for the Trumpeter Skyraider but very few were released before the end of Paul Fisher activities when a fire destroyed his production facilities. So, finding one is difficult and not cheap and you will still be on your own for the reproduction of the British peculiarities. 

There was an RN AEW-1 in WIP a few years ago, its's actually not that difficult a conversion since the AEW skyraiders are are based on the standard single seater aircraft,

The hard part is of course the Raedome, but Dutch Models(?) did an AEW Avenger conversion some years ago that provides the correct dome, so assuming you cn find it means that with a little relatively minor work it is possible to produce a 1/32  RN Skyraider 

As regards Fisher , I do seems to remember that before the fire Paul Fisher was thinking about releasing the Raedome on its own just for this conversion ,

And yeas I did contemplate one of these as an addition to my apparently endless 1.32 Skyraider obsession, (4 and counting)

On 6/2/2020 at 2:54 AM, Kagemusha said:

Braz models make the Avenger AEW conversion, if you ask they might sell you the radome separately. 

Are we sure the Avenger radome is the same shape? The belly of the Skyraider is almost completely flat, whereas the Avenger most certainly isn't!!  Partway through an AEW1 Skyraider conversion myself, but using the ZM kit as a basis... Still working on the wings at the moment!