Silver Wings 1:32 Tiger Moth

Iain

• 5 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, cch4530 said:

Just got my kit today; 

anybody feel that the kit may be too heavy for the undercarriage??

Just basing that off of the weight of the kit

If you’ve built any other Silver Wings kits you’ll know there’s no danger of that, they are very robust. 

2 hours ago, cch4530 said:

Just got my kit today; 

anybody feel that the kit may be too heavy for the undercarriage??

Just basing that off of the weight of the kit

Photo’s please.

30 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Ooooooh, I am so much waiting for this to arrive.  Postage to NZ is 'the pits' at the moment..... Eventually everything is going to turn up at once and I will be paralyzed with too many kits to know where to start....and do nothing :doh: 

Really amazing yours hasn’t arrived yet Anthony, quite staggering how long that’s taking. 

2 minutes ago, mozart said:

Really amazing yours hasn’t arrived yet Anthony, quite staggering how long that’s taking. 

Max, I am not even Sure Simon has even been able to send it as there seems to be no/or very little freight to NZ from Europe.

Although my Andover is sitting at Tokyo airport ready for international departure :clap2:

All good things come to those who wait...

12 minutes ago, mozart said:

Tokyo’s a bit closer Anthony so good luck with that, at least Iain is giving some good tips with his build! I think you’re also expecting a Rapide from Lukgraph? 

Yes a Rapide and a Magister too.

The Vampire Kit from Infinity Models might not be too far off production soon either, LOL another one to order and add to the collection.

The good thing is the 24th Mosquito is getting some 'love' and I have started correcting the Wild Hare FGR.2 fuselage panels etc....all is not lost.

I was reading your Mossie thread this morning, quite breathtaking the work you're doing on it!  I'm interested to see what you do with the FGR.2 when you get going, seems crazy there's no kit of an RAF version, I need one! 

1 hour ago, mozart said:

Depends on what type of paint you plan on using eg enamels, acrylic etc and possibly whether you intend airbrushing or brush painting? 

I generally prefer Mr. Hobby lacquers for airbrushing; looking for recommendations on the color shade