Rules of the Road

Welcome to The Battle of Britain 80th Anniversary Group Build!

Here are the parameters qualifying builds:

Any aircraft engaged in the battle starting from June 1940s nuisance raids through to the end of the peak bombing raids in November. Support units, RAF bombers and aircraft held in reserve at the time are all eligible. Also included are aircraft from the Battle of Britain movie, if you want to build Maj. Fohn's Buchon or Squadron Leader Skippers Spitfire as they appear on film. You can also build an aircraft of the Battle of Britain memorial flight or BoB commemorative aircraft, such as the Eurofighter painted as a Hurricane. 25% rule applies to entries, if you are unsure of how far along you are in a project and you wish to enter into the GB, please ask.

Have fun!

Kev

I will definitely be following this build. Unfortunately, I do not have anything in 1/32 scale that qualifies. My Spitfire kit is the Tamiya MkIX, too late for the BOB, unfortunately.

Oh well, I shall have to enjoy from the sidelines. Good Hunting all, and remember, Check Your Six! 

2 hours ago, J.C. said:

I will definitely be following this build. Unfortunately, I do not have anything in 1/32 scale that qualifies. My Spitfire kit is the Tamiya MkIX, too late for the BOB, unfortunately.

Oh well, I shall have to enjoy from the sidelines. Good Hunting all, and remember, Check Your Six! 

Maybe a Mk IX was used in the BOB movie?

Alain

Ooh ooh ooh I've got a question teacher...I'm thinking, MAYBE a He 111. I've got an H-6 and a P-1 I also have the CMK H1/H2/H3 conversion....no idea why I've got the conversion set but, there it is 

Or maybe I should just have a cold rum watch.

I am in with one build for sure - a Dragon Bf109 E-4 that will be built mostly OOB and two figures.  If I am able to meet the time requirements I then plan to build a PCM Mark I Hurricane (Metal Wing) with pilot figure and a bit of AM.  My plan is to present the builds in a "full circle" sort of way by showing the 109 with the figures, pilot and ground crewman, preparing for a sortie.  The Hurricane will be shown returning from a sortie - just need find a good pilot figure.

The below photos show the kits and the German figures, which I primed and painted the base flesh on.

IMG_1829

IMG_1828

IMG_1830

IMG_1831

The facial painting will be an interesting challenge as the faces are turned downwards so capturing the expressions will be tough.

Ernest 

4 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Ernest,

SUPER choice..

:goodjob:

are you going to move this build to the B.O.B build threads.

:thumbsup:  so I can follow it there.

thank you

Hi and thank you Marius.  I will start a build thread in the BoB Group build forum.  I will probably have some photo worthy stuff tomorrow or Wednesday.  Are you taking part in the group build?  If so it will be great to follow your very nice work.

Sincerely,

Ernest 

In 1/32 you have kits of;

Bf 109E
Me 110C
Ju 88A
Heinkel 111P and H
CR 42
Fiat G 50
Spitfire MK 1/2
Hurricane Mk 1
Beaufighter Mk 1
Ju 87B
Gladiator
Lysandor
Martlett Mk 1
Miles Magister

Hmmm, I have the Hobbycraft 1/24 Spitfire MkVb. They were used in the movie. Could I enter with this? Would I have to modify ot like they did in the movie to qualify? Asking that specifically because I have the City of Exeter in mind for the Paint scheme. Typical camo pattern for BoB just not completely period correct. No worries if it doesn’t fit the bill, just being up front about designs i have for the plane as it goes alongside the Ford Mustang done for charity to commemorate the Spit.

1 hour ago, themongoose said:

Hmmm, I have the Hobbycraft 1/24 Spitfire MkVb. They were used in the movie. Could I enter with this? Would I have to modify ot like they did in the movie to qualify? Asking that specifically because I have the City of Exeter in mind for the Paint scheme. Typical camo pattern for BoB just not completely period correct. No worries if it doesn’t fit the bill, just being up front about designs i have for the plane as it goes alongside the Ford Mustang done for charity to commemorate the Spit.

For the GB it would have to be painted as one of the specific aircraft that appeared in the movie.